1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You don't think Harden is a highly talented basketball player?

Oh...oh wow...

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to consistently support Harden. He's my favorite player but then it's days like yesterday where he was non-existent that blows my mind. He shows up some games with no drive or desire he's just out there with no emotion. It's just hard to understand as he really could be so much better than he is now.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

why would the warriors start tanking? :confused:

4. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Basically Kevin Martin, except on a max contract.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a highly skilled and talented player no doubt who also cannot jump high.

So any comparison to Kobe, Jordan or allstar High flyers are automatically off the table.

Kirby dunked in the game when he was 36 or 37.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You are correct. Harden will never be a "high flyer".

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden's game isn't that impressive. He heavily relies on push offs and elbows to create separation. his foot speed is slow. What he excels at is footwork with the 2 steps allowed after stopping the dribble. He's crafty in that regard. He also has above average upper body strength. But he has limited post game. His finishing ability is pretty mediocre and he isn't much of a catch and shoot player. He is also a streaky shooter. His play making prowess is inflated because most see the 7.5 assists and don't realize that it took almost 5 turnovers to get those 7.5 assists. I don't see him as any more talented than someone like Carmelo or Pierce(Border-line superstar talent but definitely not generational talent. Perennial all-star basically). He's a robin, not a batman to a championship level team.

Again, his high volume production is nothing more than a result of high volume and an offensive system that just relies on Harden.

The thing is last season his agility and quickness was not this slow. He didn't continuously rely on push offs and elbows to create separation.

I honestly believe last season will be his highest MVP voting season of his career. Can anyone give a reason to have faith in him to get better? He is getting older, not younger.

#1427 fchowd0311, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  8. delta69er

delta69er Member

Harden has no midrange game. Sure, he's got a step back but it's not consistent and it's an inefficient shot due to the energy expenditure it requires.

You'd think that after 4 playoffs in Houston as "the man", he would've realized that he doesn't get the same calls in the postseason and would have worked to add something to his game that doesn't require the refs bailing him out (like a post game).

The more I watch the rockets in the playoffs the more I'm starting to realize that we won't ever win a championship with harden as "the man".

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Basically, you're an idiot

10. fchowd0311

The thing is last season I would disagree. He actually had a really amazing mid range game. He had one of the higher fg percentages with the mid range step back in the league.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Problem is he turned into a lazy ******.

12. fchowd0311

It's visibly evident with how much less lift he has from everything from his finishes at the rim to his jump shots.

I mean the guy has almost single digit dunks for an entire 82 game season and he's a 6-5 superstar guard.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

while one of his friends Westbrook's season and career highlights consist of DUNKS and Dunks, and the occasional athletic powerplay, assists

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The roster is trash. Basketball is a team sport, every player needs help, even "the man".

15. BackdoorHarden

Harden continues to tell his teammates that the Warriors ain't even that good

"Rockets star James Harden did express confidence in his team headed into Game 2 despite struggling in a Warriors blowout at Oracle Arena in Game 1.

"Everything that happened yesterday was because of us," he said. "Obviously they're a good team, but we can improve so much more. That's what we're more excited about.""

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is excited about just everything, like a newborn :grin:

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Harden over the course of a season does what only 3 other players have ever done and he gets greeted with "not that impressive" .. "cant jump that high" ... "no midrange game"

We as Rockets fans deserve EVERYTHING that comes to us because some of our fans are wishy washy pieces of trash. I cant believe how this awful season has also infiltrated this forum and turned some of you into horrible contributors to this site.

If you Hate Harden thats fine, but dont make stuff up to suit your argument.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What? He said "Obviously they're a good team."

There are plenty of things to criticize, but I don't know why some posters feel the need to just make stuff up.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with can't jump high.

Never said he had no midrange or he is not impressive.

In fact, very impressive for someone as unathletic as he is to score so many points! :cool:

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

According to Clutchfans...despite Harden's complete lack of work ethic, speed, athleticism, and jumping ability, and mediocre finishing at the rim, mediocre shooting, mediocre playmaking, and mediocre ball handling, he still manages all time offensive statistics.

Pretty amazing if you think about it.

1 person likes this.