1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016-2017 Next Rockets Head Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

Thibs is the likelier end game, which I would be fine with but my first call is going to coach K. Just to let him know that there is a challenge out there that would be his for the taking. Along with a fantastic contract/deal/whatever he wants if he wants to talk.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This^^^ I doubt he does it unless Durant is involved.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Thibby with Battier on his staff.

My dream lineup

Rondo
    Harden
    Durant
    Beasley
    Capela/Dmo

Thibs already has coached rondo and will get to coach Durant and harden in the olympics this year again. Hopefully he likes what he sees. That lineup is definitely a contender.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

Edit: we might have to convince smoove to get rondo here since they're tight. Beasley/harden can recruit Durant. I always mention how underrated thibs is with getting production out of the PG position. Hinrich, rose, Nate Robinson, AB, and rondo in Boston (O know it was "technically" The great doc rivers)". This would be best case scenario and i can see it happening.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

haren will come into shape next season provided he isnt injured in olympics

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG is a fantastic coach and has incredible BB IQ. Whether or not he has coached last year or 9 years ago doesn't matter. He's still very much a part of the game.

The other guy oversaw the 2nd best start in league history. Oh - and he has 4+ years of being an assistant coach and a half season of being a head coach. He also is very well versed in x's and o's.

Oh, and Steve Kerr was never an assistant coach even, and had a lay-off of 3 years from basketball before leading the warriors to an NBA championship in his first season.

Maybe you should write a blog or something about how funny and sarcastic you think you are.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

My vote goes for DD for head coach and tinman for defensive coordinator. tinman knows defense from defending the honors of our Rockets greats from the XOFs. As for DD, he is the people's coach.

1 person likes this.
  8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Tinman's only defense is Asian food and calling LOFs locusts.

On par with Harden's defense this year tho ...

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Thibs. He's proven and is not just awesome at defense, but pretty good at offense also. He's also well known, respected and is not going to be pushed over by players or management.

Really do not need another newbie or someone requiring in-job training.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lionel Hollins

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As far as the Thibs/JVG debate goes...

I actually prefer JVG to Thibs because JVG seems to be more open minded now that he's been away from the game. He admits he would need to revamp his offense and fill his staff with a capable offensive mind.

I also think JVG would be more receptive to working with Morey than Thibs.

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Seeing more of Calvin Murphys suits would be a positive. Could you imagine him walking the sidelines during a game?!

Need a proven coach players will listen to.

14. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

KD's mom?

morey will get out all the stops to get durant to houston. his mom is the coach, he's got his nba buddy in harden, and his childhood friend in beasley. PIZZA ROLLS.

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Thibs does make the most sense. I really think player coaches are the way to go, I know personally I'd function better that way, but obviously this team gets too casual. Thibs really does make the most sense.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How so? Did we not watch his archaic offense in the playoffs? 1 conf finals

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I don't know who should coach, but the man who can get James to play D and run an offense the forces everyone on defense to move.

18. Rocketeer4Life

Clyde Drexler. So we don't have to take any more of his boring and stupid commentaries on live tv.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thibs
    with
    Murph, Mario and Sammy...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can we stage a war in Boston and somehow end up with Brad Stevens? It worked for Palpatine.