1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain America 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 7, 2014.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The last Avengers movie was so disappointing, just weak across the board.

I did enjoy the last Captain America movie a lot, although in subsequent viewings I'm thinking, "Black Widow's kicking a lot of azz using a shoulder that was just shot," and, "Maybe a little too much gunplay."

The Hydra angle was interesting, but got grossly glossed over in the Avengers; and the Ultron villain.....? Who G.A.F.? And the floating-up city thing? Who G.A.F.? Joss Whedon was obviously running on fumes.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

pretty badazz...agree that it does give a lot away, but I have to believe there's more to it...#cantwait

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Some tidbits:

[​IMG]

Sebastian Shaw details ****spoilers****:

Sebastian Stan Details The Winter Soldier's Redemption In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

"Your mom's name was Sarah... " Cap's Bucky is back! Next May, the Winter Soldier seeks to redeem himself for his past misdeeds, but ends up getting framed for something much more sinister. Come check out what Sebastian Stan had to say about Bucky's new path.

In Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers had a blast from the past when he discovered that his old friend Bucky Barnes was still alive and kicking as the time-bending assassin, the Winter Soldier. This May, Bucky returns for more in the Russo Brothers-directed Captain America: Civil War, however this time around, instead of being the hunter, he's the hunted.

Not much is known about the film's true plot, but based on a few rumors, we can gather that Bucky will be framed for something huge, and will then find himself evading Iron Man, the government, and the whole rest of the world who will be chasing him down for that as well as for his past HYDRA-influenced misdeeds. Fortunately for him, he has Captain America in his corner along with a handful of Avengers.

As part of their week-long Civil War coverage, Entertainment Weekly has released the final part of their six-part feature and it's an interview with the man of the hour, Sebastian Stan. To kick it off, he touched on what he found most exciting while filming the highly anticipated action sequel and like many of you, it's the top-notch stunt work. "The fighting is just very grounded. It's brutal. It's very physical. I kind of feel like I'm really learning how to fight, to be honest!" That Captain America & Winter Soldier vs. Iron Man fight at the end of the trailer would certainly back that up.

Bucky's last Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance may have been in the Ant-Man post-credits scene, but it's been reported that that scene takes place sometime during Civil War, so the last time we truly saw him was at the end of Captain America: TWS in the museum in front of his own display. So, where has he been since then? "[Civil War] pretty much picks up where we last see him in the post‑credit scene in Winter Soldier. Not exactly at the museum, but it’s right around that time. It finds him right in the middle of making significant and terrifying discoveries about himself and his past. And that’s where he’s at the beginning of this movie."

Speaking on how his character has changed between the end of the second film and the start of the third, Stan says that exploring how Bucky's changed as a man is "one of the greatest joys I have in playing this part because it's like the three movies for me have been like three people." So, how has he changed? How's he dealing with what's happened to him since 1945? "This movie certainly deals with what’s happened to him. I mean, what have we gotten as a result of Bucky and the Winter Soldier? You know, here’s the guy when you merge the two. This is what came out. To me, he’s never really going to be Bucky Barnes again. There’s going be recognizable things about him, but his path through the [experiences of] Winter Soldier is always going be there, haunting him. He recognizes his past, but at the same time he’s sort of a new character, too."

When you look at the MCU as a whole, you'd be hard-pressed to find a character that has faced more traumatic life events than Bucky Barnes. He's survived falling off a moving train to his death, survived countless black ops missions for HYDRA, and most recently, even survived falling out of a Helicarrier (managing to save Cap in the process). Could we start to see some his past take a toll on Bucky? How much of his past as the Winter Soldier will haunt him next May? And how long will it be before we see him embrace his inner hero? Read on for Stan's comments:

EW: Even as a soldier in World War II, he seemed to go through heavy things. And he was just a man then, not juiced with any super-soldier serum.

SS: I was trying for that. I can’t really go and think of a character that’s going to war in World War II and doesn’t have those side effects. Doesn’t have the burn. Bucky in that first movie, I was always thinking he’s gotta be a grounded character. He’s gotta be somebody that carries the effects of the war on him and throughout.

EW: Bucky seems to be emerging from the fog of the Winter Soldier, but that’s a journey itself, right?

SS: It doesn’t just suddenly all come back to him, just because he’s learned certain things about himself. It’s not like he immediately has all these emotions and feelings and point of views about people and families that he’s dealt with — or Steve. The knowledge is there, but the emotions aren’t explored yet, which also makes it very interesting to play.

As for his friendship with Captain America, it sounds like the bromance is as strong as ever and Cap's really putting it all on the line for Bucky this time around, swearing off some of his Avenger friends as well as the government just to protect him. Stan shared his thoughts on Cap's loyalty to his friend: "I think that’s one of the neat things about this movie and the third installment for Steve Rogers. We get to see another side of him. I mean you’d wonder, right? After so many years of being loyal and morally impenetrable and always doing the right thing that he wouldn’t somehow at some point go, ‘Man, like, what am I fighting for? What’s my life? What am I living for?’ I think this movie very much tackles those questions for Steve Rogers. He’s been questioning things I think for a long time and this is where he’s deciding to follow his instincts and not what people tell him is right or wrong." Sounds like the original Super Soldier is (finally) tired of following orders. Stan corroborated the fact and elaborated a bit on Cap's current mental state: "We constantly deal with trying to do the right thing. Following orders. And where does it lead? Sometimes it doesn’t end up well. It doesn’t end up good. [Laughs] But that’s the code. A soldier’s a soldier to the very end."

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Confirmed! 'Spider-Man' Is In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR And Will Have The Classic Costume!

(some spoilers):
    Entertainment Weekly has spilled the beans on Spider-Man's role in Captain America: Civil War revealing that Tom Holland was decked out in "a very familiar red and blue suit" during a battle scene they were lucky enough to witness!

Despite the fact that both Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan feigned ignorance when asked about Spider-Man's role in Captain America: Civil War during Entertainment Weekly's set visit, the site has confirmed what we pretty much already knew; the wall-crawler will indeed be making an appearance in Marvel's first Phase 3 movie. After spotting a stuntmant wearing "a very familiar red and blue suit that covered him from head to toe," the magazine quizzed Kevin Feige about what they had spotted. "Listen, if there was a cosplayer running around that set when you were there, I don’t know what to tell you." Well, we did get fooled by that cosplayer on the Suicide Squad set!

However, what happened next confirms that what the magazine saw was no cosplayer.

During the very same battle sequence, Robert Downey Jr. comes strolling by. He’s laughing and talking with his arm slung over the shoulder of a young man who is doing some pinpoint Tom Holland cosplay, wearing a full Spider-Man suit, except for the mask.

"[Don] Cheadle and I are just going, ‘Wow, dude, look at this,'" Downey Jr. later told them in an interview. "We’re now like the old guard, and our storyline carries real weight just because of our history in the [canon]. But we’re also looking around like, ‘Who thought that Falcon and Black Panther and Ant-Man and now Spider-Man…?’ I mean it’s like wow, this thing is just crazy." So, the cat is officially out of the bag, but company man Chris Evans was quick to try and save the day by pointing out: "You never know with Marvel. Sometimes they shoot things and then don’t use them." Yeah, see you next May Spider-Man.

New Promo Art (reminiscint of the iconic Cap vs Wolverine cover):

[​IMG]

Unrelated Fan Movie: Captain America III: Nazi Zombies

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGRXMbQL4l0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#143 Xerobull, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. Xerobull

Spoilers:

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="450" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=4650057398001&playerID=673439623001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAA0Xi_s~,r1xMuE8k5NwJJtM9th7ulTVssP1QI3cp&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=4650057398001&playerID=673439623001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAA0Xi_s~,r1xMuE8k5NwJJtM9th7ulTVssP1QI3cp&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="450" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

5. Xerobull

Concept Art Battle Scene (spoilers, huge pic):

[​IMG]

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope I live long enough to see where all this is going. Thank you Xerobull!

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

kind of off topic, but not really...

anybody else dig the trailer scored by dean valentine. haven't really been able to get this tune out of my head. just kinda makes me feel desperate. will have to keep a lookout for more of his stuff, but for now will throw it next to my depressing max richter tunes.

below is the full trailer score... not the trailer itself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TA0F1VH4QHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: here's some more of his stuff..

http://deanvalentine.squarespace.com/audio/

#147 OmegaSupreme, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. Xerobull

HUGE Spoilers:

Seriously, don't read if you don't read comics!
    Just remember, I tried to warn you!
    A total of four death scenes have apparently been filmed for Captain America: Civil War
    SPOILER ALERT!!

A hot rumor is currently making the rounds that the Russo Brothers have actually filmed a total of four death scenes for their upcoming Marvel superhero movie, Captain America: Civil War.

The Hashtag Show reports that not only will Captain America (Chris Evans) die at the end of the film, but three additional death scenes were filmed in order to avoid leaks. So, who are the other Avengers on the list?

That would be James "Rhodey" Rhodes, aka War Machine, Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, and Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch.

The Hashtag Show are speculating that Rhodey (Don Cheadle) is not the one who dies, but he will be severely injured in the middle of the film (as was seen in the trailer), and this will push Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) even further away from Cap. As for Falcon’s death (Anthony Mackie), it's actually a red herring, and Sam Wilson will be safe, as he's one of the likely candidates to take up the shield in the wake of Cap's death — the other one being Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan).

That leaves us with the last living Maximoff Twin, Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen).

And yep, she's the one who'll apparently die as Earth's Mightiest Heroes sorta join together against the real villain of the piece, Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl). The Hashtag Show claim her death is what will prompt Vision (Paul Bettany) to head into space at the end of the movie, laying the groundwork for Avengers: Infinity War. Check it out:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VYza70upD34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, remember that this is all rumor and speculation, so take this with a grain of salt. What do you guys think? Do you believe Scarlet Witch will die in Captain America: Civil War? The movie is set to open in theaters on May 6.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

Isn't Chris Evans signed on for one more movie after this one?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He'll be resurrected some how for Avengers: Infinity War, most likely Part 2. They're being filmed concurrently. My guess would be via the Infinity Gauntlet, but who knows?

I've been saying for awhile now that I felt they were setting up Bucky (most likely) to become the next Cap (a huge factor being the 9 picture contract for Sebastian Stan). Although it could very well end up being Falcon (unknown contract length) since he's Cap in the comics right now.

With that said recently Evans has stated that he wouldn't necessarily be averse to re-newing his Marvel contract.

Everything that is happening in these movies right now is awesome. I cannot wait for all of the Phase 3 movies starting with Civil War. I've said before the original Infinity Gauntlet story is what got me into comics to begin with, I unlike others also found the Civil War story line from the comics quite interesting as well. This really is a great time to be a fan of these story lines. Now more than ever they're getting directors that are quite good at what they do. I don't know how the Russo Brothers are going to manage Civil War, the new Spider-Man, Infinity War, and the whatever else they have planned, but I'm quite hopeful.

Civil War is turning out to be quite outstanding in my opinion (assuming the most popular rumors are true), looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#150 seclusion, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  11. Xerobull

Infinity Gauntlet can do anything. Don't be surprised if Quicksilver comes back in A3.

12. Xerobull

Here's How CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Won This Year's Super Bowl

Social media buzz is a big deal these days, and those sneak peeks at Gotham City and Metropolis proved to be match for Marvel's hashtag heavy teaser for Captain America: Civil War. Read on for details...

Marvel launched a series of Captain America: Civil War themed emojis ( ) this past Sunday, so it perhaps shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that they ended up getting the most buzz on social media during the big game. However, the real winner may have been Deadpool, something that's evident from a massive spike in Facebook Likes. That's no doubt increased awareness in a major way!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice did surprising well considering the fact that Warner Bros. didn't release any new footage from the actual movie, whil X-Men: Apocalypse was also a hit.

[​IMG]

13. Xerobull

Promo Art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Awesome lego set including a potential BIG spoiler:

[​IMG]

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ho ho ho big spoiler. I see what you did there.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Look at the size of Lego Iron Man's head. Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid. Has its own weather system.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Clicked that Lego spoiler thinking - how big of a spoiler can something in a Lego playset really be? Oops. Regrets.

That was not on my radar for this movie.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's gonna cry himself to sleep on his huge pillow

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Damnit, I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

"Spider-Man's not in this, we swear he's not!"

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

They aren't denying it.