1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl Harrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nwcougar, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

haha eric fawcett must have no idea the context of that play but hes ready to forecast montrezls career based on it

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't rebound out of his area, which is a good thing for our team. More guys need to boxout THEIR OWN guy. Battier and Chuck Hayes weren't the best rebounders, but we had the best defense...

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I was chanting his name after that play for exactly that reason. He did the right thing. In the future, he wont think about going up for the dunk, though. He'll know to dribble out the clock. Classy!

4. alethios

alethios Member

It was a cool move on his part, but his teammates wanted to see him throw it down because he does it the same way as he plays the game - with passion.

Who doesn't love a power dunk. But I see the point about good sportsmanship and he'll get (hopefully with us) many more chances to tomahawk that ****.

5. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

His determination on the offensive glass whether it's actually securing the rebound(hardly) or tapping out(most of the time), has been great for us. It's actually been an the opposite type of scheme most teams employ nowadays, making it useful.

I'm pro-him attacking the O board. I wish he'd attack the D boards harder, but he goes for the block almost all the time.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So what do we see his Ceiling

Rocket River

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Through the floor... Jk. Has he really shown a ton outside of D-League?

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If he can develop a three point shot, I think he is the perfect PF in today's NBA. People tend to forget that Draymond shot around 20% from three his first season. He worked hard to get that shot. Our best hope is that Harrell has immense work ethic and from there I don't see why he can't be a stud in this league with that motor.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's shown to be the 2nd best healthy PF on the Rockets right now behind Josh Smith. 3rd if you count Capela as a PF.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, at's a long-winded way of saying "no", but ok.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's shown that he can do things at the NBA level. He can be a positive part of a rotation. That's not "no"