1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My Roku 2 XS just died a few months ago. Went to use it and it just won't work. I got a few good years out of it though, so I guess it was $90 well spent. Still, kinda sucks that it just died.

From reading online this happens sometimes. Have to buy a new power adapter to see if that is the problem. And if it's not, well, then you have two power adapters and need to buy a new Roku. And in my case, I don't think the power adapter for the 2 XS works for Roku 3.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

well this sucks, I was going renew for the season/6 months and they still have the billing issue for me to renew. I enabled "auto-renew", hopefully that covers me tomorrow

3. Nero

Nero Member

I have the oldest Roku they made, it still works perfectly, and Ballstreams has always worked perfectly on it as well. Get a Roku if you don't already have one, you'll love it.

4. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Ballstreams did not work on Chromecast back last season. It led to a lot of lag / choppy video. Anyone who has it this season know if there has been a difference?

I guess that only goes for one game haha.

Also are their prices going up? $90 for the full year is not much less than just paying $200 for a more legal method.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Submit a ticket to their help center and they'll tell you how you can renew while the billing issues are going on. I did that and they emailed me within 20 minutes. Oh, and don't post the answer on the forum.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It's less than half the cost. And if you live in Houston you can only use League Pass by violating the terms of service. And you still have to deal with national blackouts.

7. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

you can freeze your account also. I froze mine right before playoffs last year and had it unfreeze at the start of regular season this year. Still have 180 days left. So i got 2 years for $90 pretty much.

8. dragician

dragician Member

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY CHARGED MY PAYPAL AND MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. BASTARDS!@

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

sweet, I'll submit a ticket tomorrow if it didn't auto-renew. Thanks for the heads up

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

just picked up a roku2 gonna set this up when I get home - hopefully it wont take longer than 20-30 minutes. thanks for the feedback guys

11. dragician

dragician Member

Can you guys check the account linked to your PayPal if they got charges there as well?

thanks.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

ProTip (completely unrelated to ballstreams as most assuredly they do NOT take paypal):

How do I change the way I pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan?
    When you send money for preapproved payments such as a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance.

Here’s how to change the way you pay for preapproved payments if you don’t want to use your PayPal balance:

Click the settings icon next to "Log out."
    Click Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
    Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
    Click Change in the Payment Method section.
    Select the payment method you’d like to use.
    Xerobull add: Select 'Cancel' to cancel recurring payments.

1 person likes this.
  13. dragician

dragician Member

[​IMG]

14. Xerobull

I would look under the account settings of that vendor, who is most assuredly not Ballstreams. If they did double charge you, put in a ticket, they'll reimburse one of the accounts.

15. dragician

dragician Member

Thanks, i think your help above explains it all.

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I try to use my Roku, but can't deal with the fact that the delay is usually 1-2 minutes behind going through the browser. That drives me nuts since I'm usually on twitter during the games and hate being behind everyone else.

17. Xerobull

What, no synaptic implants for even faster updates?

18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

How's the quality on your Roku? My laptop quality is great, but it is SD, at best, coming through the Roku.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I got a roku2 and the quality was great.

I had some issues with feeds dying but it could be my internet I am using a powerline adapter and I noticed that my BW was cut in half through it (despite having a 540mbit adapter for 100mbit connection) so I am going to re-do my internet set up and see if that may fix it.

1 person likes this.
  20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is an underrated way to watch games, especially if you don't have a dog in the fight. I've been trying to find a way to artificially delay my twitter feed for this exact purpose, for years now.