1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DFWRocket's Recent Activity

1. DFWRocket liked London'sBurning's post in the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

One of my best but least favorite teachers growing up was my freshman Theology teacher at St.Michael's Academy. We studied every book...

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:07 PM
  2. DFWRocket liked mdrowe00's post in the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

...this is well-said about the story of Abraham and him being asked by God to sacrifice his son Isaac... ...had a bit of a different...

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:06 PM
  3. DFWRocket liked FranchiseBlade's post in the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

Yes! Thanks for bringing up the refusal to bow before the Golden Idol. That is a great example and what can happen when just breezing...

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:06 PM
  4. DFWRocket liked malakas's post in the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

I don't know about the old but the New Testament is written in many places with weird syntax clearly showing that it was written by...

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:05 PM
  5. DFWRocket replied to the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

I like Rob Bell and he is absolutely correct that we need to take historical context into account. Also we need to understand HOW...

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:04 PM
  6. DFWRocket liked heypartner's post in the thread [Bible] Let's find something more boring than politics to discuss.

btw: fwiw: One of the great things I learned at Rice wrt reading historical texts is we must always read them with time and place...

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:04 AM
  7. DFWRocket replied to the thread Low unemployment isn’t worth much if the jobs barely pay.

Luckily the past two years have seen wages grow thanks to minimum wage hikes, a tighter job market and job growth in higher paying...

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:14 AM
  8. DFWRocket replied to the thread When is it "time" to stop with the Christmas lights?.

^^This^^ The Epiphany is the official end of the Christmas Season, so I never fault anyone for keeping their lights up and on through...

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:45 AM
  9. DFWRocket liked bobrek's post in the thread When is it "time" to stop with the Christmas lights?.

The 12 days of Christmas run Christmas day through the Epiphany (January 6). We tend to turn ours off on the 7th.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:41 AM
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now