1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Durant may come to H-Town after all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mprice

Mprice Member

Is there any truth to Howard, Harden and Durant hanging out together in Vegas? I wouldn't expect that from Howard being that he's older.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

They're all in their mid to late 20's. They're relatively in the same age group.

There were rumors about the three hanging out in Vegas, but pictures leaked of just Durant and Harden hanging out together at the time. That's not to say Dwight wasn't there, but it was never confirmed as far as I know.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This may have legs because of his girlfriend .......

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Kevin Durant's best bud in the NBA is Michael Beasley.
    If Houston are to really sell the best bud card, Morey will have to get Beasley.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Personally, I am certain it's already been agreed between the friends.

The only obstacle to getting that dream line up is that I can't see Dwight wanting to stay here and be the 4th or 5th offensive option. OTOH if he feels like he doesn't have long left to get a ring, then he might decide to re-sign.

Forget the Wizards, lol. It doesn't make any sense. Have you guys done any research into how obsessive Kevin Durant is about winning? How hard he practices, one of the first guys to embrace statistics as a means to improve his game. His two friends are here, both amazing players, but he would still be the best player in the group.

He can go to the Wizards after he's done getting rings with the Rockets. John Wall and Bradley Beal vs James Harden, Ty Lawson and Dwight Howard? He's going to go to the Wizards cause it's home? Or does he think he has a better chance of beating Lebron in the East where the Cavs are sitting on a finals contender with a $10m TPE after retaining everyone they wanted to?

Come on. It's almost insulting Durant's intelligence. This is not Carmelo Anthony we're talking about.

We just have to make sure he does not win a ring this year. That would be the game changer, and I'm sure he's focused on winning one this season rather than what he's going to do next summer.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I don't think Dwight being the 4th option offensively wouldn't be an obstacle at all. You could make the case he is already the 4th option here with Harden, Lawson, and DMO clearly better than him offensively. By then Howard will be in his 30s and all he seems to care about is winning. The Rockets would be an absolute no-brainer for him.

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If we got Durant, Dwight would stay. I'm almost 100% positive.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant would be an idiot to go to an Eastern conference team after openly proclaiming he is tired of being second best.

LeBron James will still be playing in the Eastern Conference.

Also, Durant is not leaving OKC if they have a great upcoming season.

Pray and hope that Durant stays healthy but his team struggles this year.

Anus Kanter and his contract could be the first domino to fall in bringing that team down.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Of course, but look at it now.. You can see those two wasn't that close together.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Drop it bro their really good friends and consider each other brothers.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That was an ESPN rumor who hadn't done his homework and didn't realize harden won't be a free agent for 3 more seasons. It's boarderline terrible reporting to think you know what a player is going to do 1000 days from now.

The Lakers narrative is dry nobody wants to play there any more, hits like nyk lost all their luster, the same thing is happening to the lakers. I could see harden going to the clippers to play with his buddy griffin before going to the lakers.

But I don't think harden is going anywhere, the rockets, fans and city love him. He's got control over every major move and we have built a legit contender around him in 3 years while helping him develop his game to mvp status.

You guys forget houston is not okc or some other small market city/team. History shows that free agent rarely leave houston, we've traded them. Plus the rockets will offer him a 5/200 deal when he's turns 28 and no team will be able to throw that kind of money at him.

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

[​IMG]

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is exactly what I was thinking when reading the rumor. The rumor also stated an NBA exec believes the duo would leave for LA, and the reasoning involved because "It's still LA". That reasoning makes it seem like that particular exec was with the Lakers lol.

14. NotChandlerParsons

Hmm let's try it out for size

- Dwight Howard will sign with Los Angeles, because it's still LA.
    - LaMarcus Aldridge will sign with Los Angeles, because it's still LA.

no...doesn't quite seem right.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah that whole best man in the wedding thing was just for show.

DD

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why did he call Dwight a "p***y"?

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

His career could be essentially over. Were you absent for the Yao Ming saga? Foot injuries are nothing to take lightly.

But sure, if you can play this season with no setbacks related to his foot, I'm one to dream. Seems to me he's more likely to head to Washington, if he leaves at all.

18. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Says the guy that's 6'10", 145 lbs while not being able to do 225 once. Ef KD.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

- Kevin Love will sign with Los Angeles, because it's still LA.
    - Carmelo Anthony will sign with Los Angeles, because it's still LA.
    - DeAndre Jordan will leave the LA Clippers for the Lakers, because it's still LA.

The LaMarcus Aldridge-Lakers saga is proof of how delusional the Lakers are. Their whole pitch to him was "we're LA".

Players and agents are smarter these days. WINNING leads to $$$, not what city you are in.