1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for Long-Time Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Firebomb525, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I was inspired to create this thread after reading folks discussing whether this season stands at amongst the great ones the Rockets have had in the past.

I started watching the Rockets towards the tailend of the 22-game Winning streak, and only got seriously into them at the start of the 08-09 season. I've been a die-hard ever since.

My question is: What were the different eras of Rockets teams like? Stats and results can only tell you so much; I want to know more about:

The 70s, with Big E, Rudy T, and Calvin Murphy

The early 80s and our first Finals appearance led by Moses Malone

The Twin Towers of Sampson and Olajuwon in the late 80s and our second Finals Appearance

The early nineties with Hakeem and co. struggling to rise.

1994. 1995. Clutch City. Dream and Glide. The golden years:

The late nineties. Bringing in Barkley and an attempt at a big 3. Scottie Pippen.

Early 2000s (The Dark Days, from what some fans say). Francis and Mobley were key.

The Yao-TMAC era. I only caught the final year, and it left me with absolute admiration of Yao and a bitter feeling when thinking of McGrady quitting.

I hope I did a decent job of chopping up our franchise history into 'eras'. Stories or footage or articles would be wonderful. You could call this a general nostalgia thread, but I'd like to brush up on my Rox history.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Any chance Clutch could just slot this into that thread?

Thanks for the recommendation!