1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on Bev's wrist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't disagree with this. Just saying that those are likely two BIG factors in "there's a reason he had a per of 8.9!"

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I believe it's 4 games. T-Jones sat out the 5th game(I think at Miami) and was out for half the season after that.

3. KlutchQT

It's two.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets planned starting lineup this season is unbeaten. Might be a small sample size. Two games.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/580787718826889216">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I love Bev and this really sucks...BUT, I am also in the blessing in disguise camp...IF the Rockets go with Harden, Brewer and Ariza and then give McDaniels some time as the primary backup wing, with Terry being the backup at point.

If not, and the Rockets just give more minutes to Prigioni and Terry, and not more minutes to Brewer and McDaniels, then I think we will be worse for this wear.

5. count_dough-ku

Was Bev not in the 3rd and 4th games? I know his hammy got hurt early in the season, but I didn't think it was THAT early.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Only been in tact for two games. Bev was out.

7. KlutchQT

It was super early. I recall Canaan started the home opener v. Boston, which I think was our 3rd game.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If the Rox will play the Mavs in the playoff, you stick Harden on Rondo and Ariza on Parson or Ellis will be fine, that's the most ideal matchup as of now.

Even against the Spurs, the way Parker is playing this season, the Rox should still able to work around it.

But if we need to play against the Blazers, it will be much tougher without Bev.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It is kind of amazing to see how quickly Morey revamped the bench without having to sacrifice anything of true value.

10. count_dough-ku

I stand erected. I know Canaan started that Miami game and played well(don't tell Morey or McHale). I'd forgotten Bev got injured before that.

2 games all season with their projected starting lineup is ridiculous. Someone make sure every single person with an MVP vote is aware of that.

11. KlutchQT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Western Conference teams: Games missed by Top 5 players so far this season. <a href="http://t.co/TnweXxetR0">pic.twitter.com/TnweXxetR0</a></p>&mdash; HoopsHype (@hoopshype) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/580785801975488512">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This reminds of me Lamarcus Aldridge injury. Many was saying he was going to miss a lot of time and he ended up playing a couple days later.

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

In my non-medical mind, I'm trying to contextualize the whole "won't be a decision for 7 to 10 days on treatment options" thing.

The only thing I can think of is that this is likely a good thing. Like it's just as likely that natural healing time will help him get back on the court (i.e. less drastic treatment option) as it is that he'll need season ending surgery.

Again, I don't know how this stuff works, all i know is that it often goes from "player may need season ending surgery" to "player undergoes successful surgery" pretty quickly.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Off topic for this thread, but that's one of the best visual arguments for James Harden as MVP.

If the award is for the player has been most valuable to the success of their team, how can you argue against that?

1 person likes this.
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

You want to ride a Johnson?

16. count_dough-ku

It's not a bad argument for Westbrook too(over Curry at least). Granted, he missed 14 or 15 of those games himself, but it's still a big number for OKC. Golden State has been very lucky with injuries this season.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

That's true about westbrook. But... if you consider their and our records/seeds, this paints a really great picture for Harden.

Going to move this over to the Harden MVP thread.

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

No, he wants the Rockets to ride the Johnson. What's the point of a Johnson, if you don't insert the Johnson. McHale is too old school to put a first year Johnson in. Something about being to young and blowing his load too quick (don't shoot the 3).

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This should be a major stat in the MVP Debate for Harden

Rocket River

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just from talking to a girl on a basketball forum?