1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014 FIBA World Cup]Other countries with NBA players thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Beavis Stiffler, Aug 30, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FSL1lxRfZa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but there are no moving picks in international basketball.

3. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Damnnnn! Loving the Fiba games.:cool:

4. shastarocket

No sarcasm...I honestly didn't know!

International ball is weird, but I can see its appeal

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah it is weird, I agree. I think it would be awesome if during our lifetime international basketball grows to around the same level as international soccer. It would be amazing.

With the amount of international talent nowadays, I could see something of the sort happening eventually.

6. traveler

traveler Member

Nice game to watch. Spain is a good team. I am looking forward to the U.S.-Spain matchup. Also watching Rubio and seeing he is a gifted ball handler but his offense sucks. He can't finish. He is not worth a max or near it until he fixes it. Lull looked decent. Looks to be a nice pick Morey has. Need to see more. Also liked the dude with the Fidel beard. He seems like he could make a good NBA scrub.

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I hope they win soon.

I don't like watching close games after close games and end up losing.

:eek:

8. FaBo

FaBo Member

I don't know where you got this from, but of course there are moving screens in FIBA basketball. Asik yesterday against Harden?

9. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Just staying close to Argentina should be considered an accomplishment. ;)

10. VanityHalfBlack

Did Rubio bulked up? Dude doesn't look like a scrawny wimp anymore.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

From what I have always heard, there are no moving screens. Broadcasters for NBA games allude to this all the time when citing how a "European" player has issues with the change in officiating after transitioning to the NBA.

There are still illegal screens though. Perhaps the distinction is that they are not often called in FIBA games.

12. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pGdO2QGasAQ?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_dZlx-PgDDaW7393y6ngL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FJLRmewbkeY?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_dZlx-PgDDaW7393y6ngL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KJuowbq9Shs?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_dZlx-PgDDaW7393y6ngL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kHottHbaAD8?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_dZlx-PgDDaW7393y6ngL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C7YDy2Boqrk?list=PLCXERy73Oiz_dZlx-PgDDaW7393y6ngL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No doubt to me that Spain-USA is the finals.

Both teams are playing on a different level, even when they are bad they are 12 points better than most of these teams. It's nice to see another country is slowly catching up to USA in basketball.

Thing is with Spain, even when Pau hangs it up they will still have a good team. This doesn't feel like a Argentina thing where it was just a golden generation. Although Argentina is still good, I think USA would wipe the floor with them today.

Spain seems to continue pump out NBA prospects and it seems they are here to stay.

14. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Don't talk things u don't know. Moving picks are not allowed under FIBA.

On the other hand, some games are poorly refereed mainly because there are referees from asia, south America and Africa. European refs are better and much easier to follow their decisions.

15. shastarocket

Ukraine and Turkey are locked in a defensive battle. Asik is leading the way with 16pts 17rbs with 4 min to go!

------------------

Ukraine wins 64-58, excellent coaching by Mike Fratello at the end

Asik finishes with 16pts 20rbs

#75 shastarocket, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  16. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

32 MIN
    4/11 FG/FGA
    8/10 FT/FTA
    8/12/20 ORB/DRB/TRB
    0 AST
    1 TOV
    1 BLK
    0 PF *how is this even possible? LOL

Great rebounder, but almost nothing else. At least he was 8/10 from the line and cut his TO from 6 in the USA game.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Looking forward to the game this morning.

USA!

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Calm down broski.

Like I said. Over my decades of watching basketball I've heard from many many broadcasters that moving screens aren't called the same in international basketball as in the NBA. As I mentioned that's the reasoning a lot of people give as to why European big men set moving screens so much.

Scola had that problem when he first played for the rockets. As did motiejunas.

It's great that it's a rule. But it's clearly called differently and not as often as in the NBA. It's similar to how traveling is called differently in the NBA. Watching these games it's obvious that American players are getting called for travels more than they're used to.

So to the observer, what's difference does it make if it's a rule but not called like it is in the NBA? Because it's clearly not called like in the NBA.

But you're right. And another poster already mentioned as much that it is a rule.

Clearly I'm talking about things I know.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Garcia looks very active and already hit a three!

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Garcia crossing people over!! He's got swag :D step back three