1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast with Rockets assistant GM Gersson Rosas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Colombian Sam Hinkie?

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Thanks for the update on our players overseas!

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

do you know he is Colombian or are u guessing?

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Do you really have to be Colombian when you're the Colombian Hinkie?

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I thought the comments on Sergio Llull were very telling...

Furkan Aldemir
    - "Defensive Role Player"

Donatas Motiejunas
    -"Offensive Complementary Player"

Sergio Llull
    -"Very special player"
    -"playing at a very high level"
    -"What he's doing is very special"
    -"He's motivated to come to the NBA"
    -"He wants to come when he has an opportunity to play"
    -"He's had a high level of success in Spain, and now that he has accomplished that, he is focusing on his next challenge, which is the NBA"

I think the Sergio Llull picture is coming together. The Rockets believe he's a very good player and they want him here (but maybe not until they get another top level free agent on board - aka Dwight). Llull himself wants to be in the NBA, but wants to play immediately, or have a chance to start. To me this means Lin is standing in the way of Llull. My guess is if Dwight is signed, Lin will be traded shortly afterward to clear up space to sign both Furkan Aldemir and Llull to long term deals.

JLin and TJones to Kings or Jazz for 2 2nd round picks.

Beverley / Llull
    Harden / Llull
    Parsons / Garcia
    Howard / DMo / Aldemir
    Asik / Howard / Aldemir

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why would we do that!? This makes no sense at all!

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He's BOF in disguise. LOL

8. AvgJoe

1. Lin is not standing in the way of Llull until he can prove Lin to be expandable.
    2. Trading Lin for picks simply don't make any sense right now. If Lin is traded, it has to be acquiring 3rd star

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I noticed DMo looked heavier when he posted these pics after leaving Houston. I thought maybe it was offseason weight, but i should have realized it wasn't, since he's been workin out here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

How does it not make sense?

Llull is a much better fit with Harden and a big front court with Howard/Asik. He can hit the 3 on kickouts from Howard, and can play off ball with Harden. His contract will also be cheaper than Lin's ($3-5 million per year) and we call lock him up for 3-4 years if we are under the cap (which we would be if we traded Lin).

Go watch a video of him. He's Ginobli v2.

I think he's the biggest unkept secret in the Rockets organization. What Gersson said, plus a few of Morey's previous comments, I think points to Llull being our long term solution at PG.

11. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

DotMan Begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. AvgJoe

The guy hasn't played a game in NBA...

Ginobli v2 should start, why starting Beverley?

I just hope Llull is no V-Span. He may be able to become primary backup PG, or even starter, but he has to earn it. Not from some video, or some theory.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Ginobili v2 is a huge stretch. Ginobili is much more athletic and a better scorer.

I do think Llull is a very ideal role player on a contending team, either as a starter or key contributor off the bench. He can hit the open shot, distribute the ball, and play defense from what I've seen. I think best case scenario is that he's similar to Lowry, but I could also see him playing more like a Bob Sura role which would be ideal for us.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

1. Llull can't be brought over until we have the cap space to sign him. Per Bima or Clutch, its going to take a minimum of $3 million per year. Unless you are willing to trade BOTH DMo and TJones and not sign Aldemir, one of Lin or Asik has to go in order to sign Llull. As it seems like Asik is very important to Howard, Lin is the odd man out. It also happens that you already have a cheap and servicable PG in Beverley.

2. Trading Lin is less about the picks and more about the cap space. But if you do get the picks, 2nd rounders seems the way to go, as you get more flexibility with their contracts.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm not denying Llull's ability, but trading Lin and Trob away for just 2nd rd picks is ludicrous!

16. AvgJoe

Trading away your starting PG to sign someone never played a game in NBA is ridiculous. As I said earlier, if Lin is traded, it is to land the 3rd star, not some unproven rookie. Whether or not Beverley is serviceable as the starting PG is even debatable right now, not to mention risking Llull as the primary backup PG. I don't even want to start talking about the trading for 2nd rounders.....

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I almost forgot about lull and aldemir. With them, lin working hard, d-mo bulking up, and jones showing promise at the end of the regular season I feel much better about the possibility of losing garcia, delfino, and brooks for nothing. Beverly and anderson are legit role players too.

18. AvgJoe

Dude, we all have our preferred players, but don't post something out of pure emotion, nothing logical.

19. coffeelover665

Lin WILL not be traded for an unproven rookie, what are you smoking? If Lin is traded, it will be after the season started and if he can prove that he is better then Lin, not before.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Lol. An unproven euro player is our pg of the future. At least wait until hes played and proven himself.