1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill/Clyde hating on the Haitian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

^^ I don't dispute whether Bill and Clyde had the right to be critical or even whether they were right to be critical of Dalembert, just noting that it is fairly unusual for a team's local TV guys to be publicly critical of a team's players (and "assets"). Most local TV guys tend to be homer cheerleaders and are only critical of referees.

I wouldn't have been surprised to hear the criticism from an ESPN or Turner broadcast team, just felt strange it came from the homer guys.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dalembert was out there playing like Brian Cook, even though it was his first start. Parsons gets his first start and steps up, playing good defense against one of the top players in the league, rebounding, getting steals, moving pretty well without the ball (although that still needs work - Chandler is still learning the offense, assuming we have one). Yeah, Dalembert deserved whatever Bill said about him. I didn't hear it, because we got the OKC feed in Austin.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? I got the Bill and Clyde feed on channel 918 on Time Warner.....do you have league pass?

Sometimes they have it on 2 seperate channels....with both teams feeds.

DD

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dammit, you're right. I must not have had enough coffee. Missed the comment by Bill, however.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The criticism of Sam and Johnny is warranted.

Sam isn't rebounding. That's what he was brought in to do. He can't even catch the ball at some points. He has been disappointing.

Johnny Flynn is a lost guard. He has no idea of what he's supposed to do...dribbles in circles and throws up a Chauncey floater...

sigh.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Sam D's best game was his first game where he was hustling all over the place. it looks like he's mailed it in for the rest of the season like T-Mac

7. DaDakota

He has always had decent games followed by a bunch of crappy ones...that was the knock on him and the reason the Rox turned down a trade for Iggy because of his contract a couple of years ago.

And I read somewhere that Les was pushing hard to sign him....which makes sense, because as smart as Morey is, I doubt he wanted anything to do with him.

It made no sense to sign the guy, none....he is NOT a difference maker.

DD

8. nadman89

nadman89 Member

gotta give sammy a bit he hasnt started yet still outta shape and hasnt gelled with the team yet !i cant blame bill he sees every team closer than anyone and has been a part of the organization for so long it hurts him to see no heart yet ... i still dont think were that bad remember how every1 was guessing how many games wed win in the 1st 10 ! we lost to okc twice lal lac memphis and orlando all top notch teams ! also had 2 good victories .. im against the tank!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He was just kidding.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could be if the right pieces were at place....not saying..... kmart is scoring the least in years, parsons is a rook, goran is ok, scola is ok but not great

The line up is just below average.....with kyle maybe just average

11. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

One man's trash is not another's treasure in the case of Flynn.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

After Parsons play I think he will be starting in the future with his Defense. He is very active and always taking off towards the hoop after a shot by another team mate. I think Bud will be on the bench (where he should be anyways) in the future.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree with you here completely on Dalembert, but you have to acknowledge that his contract situation actually adds another valuable asset for the front office to use this summer in trades.

Morey really did a great job making everyone happy with that one, except the tankers on this board who he shouldnt give a thought to anyways. I dont think it was Les as much as it was McHale twisting his arm for a center. Its only fair. No head coach should be so unlucky to have nobody but Jordan Hill and Thabeet as your starting center choices. Good to start that GM, head coach relationship on the right foot.

While Dalembert would have been a bad signing for most teams who would have overspent, the Rockets are able to use the capspace that wasnt going to be used this season anways on a major free agent and give themselves an excellent trade piece this next summer.

There is no reason to cry over losing Jeremy Lin even though he would be an upgrade to Johnny Flynn as the third string PG.

14. DaDakota

Maybe I am missing how that is? Unless you are talking complete salary dump because he was on the FA market for a long time with no takers.

Well just because you have the cap room does not mean you have to use it completely, they could have absorbed a contract at the Trade deadline if they liked, and given another team a TE...now they probably have to trade Dalembust.

DD

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I think Dalembet is a consumate professional.

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

17. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

These guys may be underperforming, but what do you expect from a team that really has no identity? McHale preaches defense, going inside-out, etc., but doesn't have the team for it. They wanted to work the ball inside more, and got Dalembert obviously, when they're clearly at their best running and in transition.

I think a lot of the players look lost out there, except for a few like Martin, Lowry, Scola and vets who know what they have to do and when. The lineup is on a yo-yo and McHale is also learning his ways after some years away from coaching. I'm sure he's lost. How do we not expect the players to be?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bill should make up for it and donate money to Haiti! ASAP

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If he was white they'd be trying to come up with nicknames for him on Twitter and Bullard would be singing his praises, saying he's working hard in practice and deserves more time.

Do I think they're racist? No, absolutely not.

Do I actually believe the statement about how they'd treat him if he was white? Yeah, kind of.

20. DaDakota

Really? Mabye they just wonder why he can come off the street and play so well and with energy in Orlando and then simply stand around the rest of the games?

I mean is that a black thing, or is it just a lazy thing?

DD