1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russia Paid Bounties to Murder US Troops, Trump Lets Them

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 26, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@rocketsjudoka

We have never solved a problem between warring factions in the middle east. At some point they will get tired of killing each other. That's the only solution

We were in Syria because of a humanitarian effort. It became a a proxy war with Russia. The question is is it worth it. I don't know what Putin wants in Syria and I don't care

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, it appears the first report was accurate... only republicans...

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude

You're becoming another one of these guys obsessed. You made the stupid joke already over there and felt the need to do it over here

I posted the Kimmel thread because I saw it on the news. I have no opinion on Kimmel, I just posted it cause he is celebrity

I have a strong dislike for Putin going 20 years ago with him letting some Russian sailors die at the bottom of the North Sea in a sunken nuclear submarine rather than accepting US help out of the greatness of mother Russia

You don't know me so relax

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

Lil' marco flexes his patriotic muscles... heh, what am I saying, he wimps out again...

RayRay10 and adoo like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Hey... always time for a new version of the story... it wasn''t a hoax, or intel that hadn't been agreed upon, but, wait for it, an "ongoing investigation" and that fake news NYT stumbled into apparently...

joshuaao, Blatz, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

Any reasonable explanation why the republicans were briefed a day ahead of the Democrat congressmen?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, aw shucks cornyn provides this new version...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Getting their talking points straight

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We weren't in Syria because of a humanitarian effort. We were in Syria because the Islamic State was a threat that was destabilizing the region and could also lead to terrorist attacks against both allies and us. We also haven't left Syria.

Putin wants to be in Syria for several reasons. 1 is to make Russia more of a geo political player. 2 is because the Assad regime has been an ally. 3 is because Syria has given Russia a port in the Mediterranean. 4 it allows them Russia to outflank Turkey which is on the best of terms with Russia and can strategically cripple Russian interests. Most of these aren't in the interest of the US or NATO. Honestly the fact that you aren't aware of these issues and just think that we're in Syria for humanitarian reasons I think is coloring your views.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@pgabriel . Also while Syria is an important issue it isn't directly related to the main topic of this thread. It's relevance though is to show that Russia is an antagonist. As you've noted US troops did kill many Russians that would show that Russia does have an interest in killing US troops and more reason why the story of Russian bounties might be true.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I love that this story led to Ms. South Carolina telling smart investigative journalists to give back their journalism prizes.

"I certainly believe..."

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol. Maybe his TDS is in the final stage that causes him to sling some slangs around. That’s my diagnosis and I’m sticking with it.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So we took steps to protect our troops after the briefing that's a good thing, but Russia placing bounties on our military has severe consequences so understanding the truth of the matter is very important.

Oh, the Taliban denies... nevermind then -- why are we even discussing this?

RayRay10, Amiga, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

This is how Trump and his administration has handled every transgression he has made...

First don’t deny the report but deny a part of the report.

Then have someone else alter the facts to provide an explanation that is obviously false

Next attack the source.

Now have someone else repeat the prior to
    two excuses.... followed quickly by someone confirming part of the report only.

At this point have a top Trump official simply say it is all lies and collectively have everyone around the President act stupid to the issue.

RayRay10, DVauthrin, joshuaao and 2 others like this.