1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Flynn...what's the deal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Apr 30, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Which part of the post you quoted is not true? Maybe you disagree with my assessment about how one set of rules apply to one political party. That's fine. Everything else is fact. It's amazing you can't bring yourself to agree on something factual because it comes from someone from the right.

Fact: Flynn was not unmasked at the time of the call GIMF
    Fact: There is no crime committed by unmasking Flynn GIMF
    Fact: Leaking classified information (like that call) is a felony GIMF

It's like play cards with my sister's kids. The Cuckery.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Barb McQuade served as the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan from 2010 to 2017. She is currently a professor of law at the University of Michigan Law School,

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Ok.. since I started this thread I feel this is the thread where I need to walk back my previous conclusions about Flynn. This is NOT about an innocent General (who is schooled in the intelligence world) that good railroaded. This is about Trump’s pettiness and trying to stick it to the Mueller’s prosecutors. I found some very good insight and am able to call it what is. Flynn deserves whatever Sullivan throws at him. And Sullivan made a huge move with his choice of counsel. This is the two factions of government battling it out.

What I found surprising is that I was not able to find out the deeper backstory on any MSM sites, where you’d think this is a no brainer to defend if you know the situation. They really are there for entertainment purposes and Fox does a great job of presenting their propaganda as investigative ‘facts’. Whereas the left simply says ‘that’s just BS’ without explaining why.

This is also about the intelligence community being pissed at Trump...and still are. Which is why they’ll Keep feeding stories to MSM. Consider the source though. This is small potatoes and a petty argument.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What I want my friends on the other side of isle to just think about was that Mueller and his lead prosecutors were making the case to the judge to give Flynn probation and community service and it was Flynn and his lawyers who messed that up by going at the FBI in the sentencing documents, and making a political mockery of Sullivan's court room.

Flynn was about to get off with a slap on the wrist, and a thank you for helping Mueller's team sort out MUCH NEEDED facts about timelines around their investigation, etc. By all accounts FROM MUELLER, Flynn was actually pretty helpful between his guilty plea, and his sentencing.

All of what happened between the Sentencing, and now is a manufactured political side show that is completely unnecessary, and put Flynn in a much more likely position to do jail time... I guess just to help out Trump by creating a political show of "The Deep State Vs. Trump" etc.

You are right though about the MSM. It's mostly about entertainment, and their reporters don't really focus on countering the deep attacks by Fox. Alot of them know the facts, and the facts are there for most of us to get, but even the good reporters at the NYT, WAPO, etc. just don't see it as their job to pay attention to the attacks by Fox's propaganda machine, and present the facts in any compelling well to counter. They see their job as chasing the next story so they can keep food on the table, and stay employed, and you cant really blame them. The MSM doesn't really have a political agenda to help Democrats like FoxNews watchers think. The MSM is just about ad revenue by chasing new "Breaking News" drama.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You’ve got pretty much most of the story right as far as I understand it. It’s actually more serious and the Flynn team is playing g with fire.

That being said, there was still an effort to go after him that should be questioned. Why Flynn? I’m not ready to concede that there was a bunch of coincidences that lead the FBI to handle him the way they did.

I’m simply saying Flynn was/is guilty regardless of the ‘why’ and this media show is the Right being a little too greedy. If it gets out what Flynn is thought to lied about but could not be proven the Trump team may have a bigger problem. There is no proof of THAT lie, unlike the lies he did tell. The dumbest thing is, he could’ve simply told the truth and nobody breaks a law...lol.

Did Flynn speak to Mar a Lago before he spoke to the ambassador? That is the real question because Trump was asked this question by Mueller. Both have said no. I’m not naive. But obviously Mueller couldn’t prove it.

6. NewRoxFan

Hmm... I am not an foreign intelligence expert, but it sure seems like they are discussing sanctions? And the phrase "reciprocal basis"... can someone help me out with what that means?

Also sure seems to contradict was vice president pence said...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

More...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oops!

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

So, just like his original plea deal, its proven that flynn lied, twice. And yet, trump and his doj protection force is trying to get flynn off...

RayRay10, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the effort to try and whitewash what Flynn did is ridiculous.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...it's worth a shot if you can tie Obama to all of this...

...hell, the way he faked his birth certificate...

...doctoring up all this fake evidence against Flynn that he had the good sense to plead guilty to...twice...

...would be easy for him...;)

13. TheresTheDagger

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This has been a question of mine also and makes me think Flynn is not very smart.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just find it comical that anytime information like this comes out, there’s this mind trick Trump propaganda and their followers try to play where they just think that if they act as if the information is good for Trump and bad for his perceived enemies despite zero evidence it is... people will be dumb enough to believe it.

The Flynn stuff here in the past day being the most bizarre example. None of this is good to Flynn or Trump.

NONE OF IT

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Does Flynn have a speech impediment or was he drunk?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Lol Flynn. I love this thread!

It’s a m pissing match. He’s gonna be set free so Trump can thumb his nose at everyone involved with the Mueller investigation. He was guilty of something. That’s why he made the deal. Now, Flynn’s legal team found and out and Mueller had no concrete evidence to hold Flynn to the plea.

18. NewRoxFan

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Well, they wanted Judge Sullivan to respond. So he did. Boy did he...

Key takeaways:
    1) Only one Atty filed the motion to dismiss, with no line attorneys signing on
    2) There were flimsy or no supportable justifications for filing the motion to dismiss.
    3) Substantive elements pointing towards guilt were not addressed in the motion to dismiss.
    4) Judge smells BS

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan