1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential trade targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

what if gordon wanted out? can he not be traded no matter what?

2. Red Nation RGV

Out of that list Aron Baynes would be a great addition and a big body enforcer type we don't have on the roster

BamBam, BaselineFade and xaos like this.
  3. ballgame

ballgame Member

This is the guy we need.....CHRISTIAN WOODS! He played effectively for the Pelicans last year and he was taring it up for The Pistons in Pre-Season this year. The Pistons have several and I mean several players ahead of him on their Depth Chart; Blake Griffith, Thon Maker, Markieff Morris and their #1 draft pick, Sekou Doumbouya.

THE ROCKETS HAVEN'T HAD A POWER FORWARD PLAY LIKE THIS SINCE RALPH SAMPSON! He can run the floor, shoot 3's and block shots. Can you imagine a lineup of;

Capela
    Woods
    House
    Harden
    Westbrook

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I would love Baynes. He can also stop outside and hit a 3, but zero chance the suns want to part with him, especially after this good start.

Red Nation RGV likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prefer Bruno.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

EG can not be traded for 6 months after signing his contract. That puts his "movable date" beyond the trade deadline.

Simple answer - No , he couldn't be traded if he wanted out.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Good question ….

Crowder's an expiring … do they have any intention or retaining him beyond this year ? If not , they have no reason not to get what they can for him as they are in full rebuild mode and every asset they can get furthers that goal.

If he were on a longer contract , your point would be stronger as if he was part of their long term plan and he may be but being in the last year of his deal , you just don't know because they could be bad for several years.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Bring home josh smith

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

On Anderson - He might solve the size issue …. but he does nothing for the defense. Really he's a net zero.

If Luc is healthy , I'd damn sure kick the tires.

I think their best bet is to clear two roster spots (two of Clark , Hartenstein or Ryno for protected picks) and use their TPE's for as close to their max value as possible with the idea of combining those salaries at the trade deadline which would allow for up to ~$8.5m in incoming salary.

Who could they target at $3.6 and $3.2m that would be useful in a later trade ? These players don't really have to do anything but be on the roster …. for 90 days.

11. Nook

Nook Member

There are some lesser known players that could help or fit roles depending on other trades...

Rondae Hollis Jefferson does everything the Rockets need except hit 3’s... Treveon Graham is another... David Nwaba is a good defender with the talent to improve.... Wes Iwundu is worth a look, so is Isaac Bonga and Cristiano Feliciano would be an able back up center

Deuce, HP3 and Chamillionaire like this.
  12. kevcai

kevcai Member

In my opinion, our biggest hole is at the wing position to guard the LeBron/Kawhi/PG types. Right now we're relying almost entirely on PJ and House. In addition to that, we can always use more consistent shooting and probably another big that isn't 50 years old (Nene/Tyson).

I know it's early but there are teams that are underperforming against their expectations and might look to sell off useful pieces if they don't turn it around or tanking teams:

Bulls (1-4)
    • Otto Porter Jr. -- 6'8 -- probably too expensive but he's an ideal 3+D candidate
    • Thad Young -- 6'8 -- strong vet
    • Chandler Hutchinson -- 6'7 -- hasn't played a game yet this season due to injury but is young/athletic and behind a lot of players on the depth chart
    Knicks (1-4)
    • Reggie Bullock -- 6'6 -- solid shooter but probably not strong enough to guard to LeBron/Kawhi types
    • Wayne Ellington -- 6'4 -- same
    • Marcus Morris -- 6'8 -- rugged/big body with some scoring ability
    • Bobby Portis -- 6'10 -- big body with some scoring/shooting ability
    • Taj Gibson -- 6'9 -- vet big that can provide toughness
    Wizards (1-3)
    • Davis Bertans -- 6'10 -- would love his shooting touch but he's probably too valuable at this point
    • CJ Miles -- 6'6 -- probably washed now but was a decent 3+D player
    • Ian Mahinmi -- 6'11 -- haha just kidding
    Pacers (1-3)
    • JaKarr Sampson -- 6'7 -- honestly don't know much about him but has some size/athleticism
    • TJ Warren -- 6'8 -- not known for his defense at all but crafty scorer with some size
    Hornets (2-3)
    • Marvin Williams -- 6'8 -- rock solid player with some size // shot 36% from 3 last year
    Pistons (2-3)
    • Markieff Morris -- 6'8 -- looked washed last year but might've been injured/still a strong versatile player
    • Tony Snell -- 6'6 -- 3+D player that is average at both
    Sacramento (0-5)
    • Trevor Ariza -- 6'8 -- probably washed but he knows the system and might player harder on a contender
    • Dewayne Dedmon -- 7'0 -- probably not available but 3 point shooting center
    • Richaun Holmes -- 6'10 -- always loved his energy and could be a solid backup center in our system
    • Harrison Barnes -- 6'8 -- I know he's overpaid but his skillset/size would be very valuable in our system (imagine a tuckwagon lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Gordon, Barnes, Tucker)
    OKC (1-4)
    • Nerlens Noel -- 6'10 -- athletic defensive minded big
    • Andre Roberson -- 6'7 -- simultaneously one of the best defenders/worst shooters in the league and hasn't played in year
    Grizzlies (1-3)
    • Kyle Anderson -- 6'9 -- slow footed but smart player that is surprisingly strong defensively
    • Jae Crowder -- 6'6 -- lesser version of PJ but strong vet in 3+D mold
    • Solomon Hill -- 6'6 -- big body
    • Andre Iguodala -- 6'6 -- you know the credentials here but he's just overpaid at this point
    • Josh Jackson -- 6'8 -- only if you can get him for super cheap but still young and talented

D-rock, Why not?, Nook and 4 others like this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Would you prefer to have Woods or Ryan Anderson?

I like Bruno too but he doesn't bring it like Woods. I think Woods has more upside as the analyst stated on the video, he NEEDS MORE MINUTES BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY PLAYERS AT THE SAME POSITION.

Morey needs to pounce NOW! His salary is low and it wouldn't cost much, maybe Hardestein and a future #2

14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Woods can play the 3, 4, or 5 position. He’s 6’10” and a career 36% 3-pt shooter at just 24-years-old. Last year he had a breakout season averaging over 16 pojbtvs game and grabbing over 7 boards a game. Right now he’s better than just about everyone on the bench and couldn’t easily start for the Rockets at SF or PF,.

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

I didn't know he was that fluid but you are correct, I think he can play all three positions. Morey needs to start finding role player replacements quick! GG is 33/34 and he's out for the yr., PJ is 35, EG is 31, Anderson is 34/35 and Sefolosha is 35 and Chandler is damn near a 100!

Harden and Westbrook are both 30. I think they have a good 3 to 4 yrs left but the way our roster is constructed is flawed!!! This would be a good young frontline for years to come

Capela
    Woods
    House

16. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

A friend of mine (an old Golden State season ticket holder) was telling me that some weird things are coming out of San Francisco. Like the jazz had/have an eye for DLO, Draymond is being shopped and Boston and Detroit have some sort of interest with the latest team (Detroit) offering Drummond. These are you just rumors btw I am just passing what he is telling me. Anyways if I remember correctly non of these players can be traded until December 15th. So knowing this would you guys do a Capela plus fillers for Green and Looney or WCS trade? Draymond and Westbrook in the same team would be insanely intense in my opinion.

D-rock likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

Only realistic out of these are josh Jackson, Solomon Hill, Ariza, Morris, Miles, Bullock, Thad Young

kevcai likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Joe Johnson was cut during in the training camp this year.

And he was once the hope of being a savior for the Rox in the buyout.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I did not. I did not add FUTURE ROCKETS LEGEND HARTENSTEIN because stupid D'Antoi won't play him and stupid Mooree may treat him as an asset and trade him away where he will become FUTURE TEAM X LEGEND HARTENSTEIN.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was serious, dude. You can tell by my extremely expert and accurate evaluation of FUTURE HALL OF FAMER HARTENSTEIN!