1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential trade targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 31, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would MEM want to give up their 6th man?

Just for 2nd rounder and scrubs?

Better to go after Josh Jackson and Bruno, both either out of rotation or at far end of bench.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Memphis isn’t competing this year, and I doubt they get a first round pick for Crowder in February. They also could view Clark and Hartenstein as worthwhile developmental prospects for their future. Caboclo and Jackson would be fall back options.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Crowder would be amazing. But a pipe dream

fattz and saleem like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Don’t think it’s a pipe dream. He’s a free agent after the season and plays for a team that has no designs of competing this year. If the Rockets offered a heavily-protected-first-round pick and salary to match, the Grizzlies would likely bite.

#24 DVauthrin, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dawg get be bertans off the bench...dude is 55% percent on threes this year. He fits like a glove.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Richaun Holmes? Yes please.

jch1911, Matt78777, Nook and 4 others like this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Great thread. I am happy with the team. We need improvements on D (via personnel and getting better at the scheme) but I think our potential is "through da roof".

Aminu or Looney for me please. Could we trade all of our trash along with a few picks to bring in both?

Capela/Looney/Chandler
    Tuck/Aminu
    House/Gordon
    Harden/Gordon
    Westrbrook/RIvers

Is 10 man rotation that could do it up.

8. JackLordsHair66

I was kidding dude, no way GS would ever do that even if they were rebuilding. As for Hartenstein, he is JAP to me sorry, not saying he is garbage, just doesn’t move the needle much at all imo. I’d take Looney though he might work well on this team, but he has a lingering nerve issue that’s concerning.

Williamson likes this.
  9. thekad

thekad Member

No luxury tax and the other team would need to have open roster spots for us to consolidate the garbage at the end of the bench for equal money or less. Go ahead and cross out those ~$10 million players.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Hernangomez bros..no D though..

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Aminu as a Jeremiah Grant "lite" would be pretty great...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Between the names mentioned i think Aminu and Crowder are those who make the most sense, although the Magic might want to keep Aminu at least until Okeke shows up, which means at least another season. Crowder on the other hand is expiring on a rebuilding team so, makes a lot of sense for both teams. Baynes also, he's playing great and he's expiring, if the Suns start losing they should trade him at some point.

As for the other players i don't see it, for me:

- Galloway is too small, basically a bigger Clemons
    - Looney won't get traded, Cauley-Stein on the other hand...
    - Warren is a not a good enough defender
    - Lamb would he be kinda redundant with Eric, and i don't think the Pacers will look to trade him anyway, unless they get back PJ or House, and that wouldn't make sense for us
    - Kyle Anderson can't shoot
    - Taj is always a serviceable player, i always liked him, but at this point i'm kinda scared to trade for old players, and since he wouldn't space the floor much, i'm not even sure if Mike would use him when it matters...
    - Holmes is a guy i always liked as soon as i saw him in summer league as a rookie so i'd love to get him, but i don't think the Kings will trade him, he's playing very well
    - Bryant is too good to get traded, still 22 and just signed a 24x3 contract, ok defender and can shoot, there's no way the Wizards move him, especially in a trade for our assets
    - Bertans is what Ryan Anderson should be, but i'm not sure i would trade for him unless we would still have the salary and the assets to add a more defensive minded player

Plowman, fattz, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol i font know why yall keep resisting...all roads lead to brewer...morey mwa ke it hqppen bro

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we combine 5 players to bring back $10M in salary we would have to replace 4 empty roster spots with other minimum salary. you have to add that to the tax. and the receiving team would have to be willing to cut a bunch of players too. its not that easy.

15. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Ok. I’ll bite.

We need MAJOR help rebounding and matching up with full size centers.

I’d move Capela + Hartenstein + pick for Andre Drummond. He’s an absolute beast on the glass, with a career rebounding percentage of 24%. Thats comparable to elite rebounders like Rodman, Moses Malone, Dwight, Kevin Love, etc.

For detroit this gives them some cap relief while still being competitive.

Drummond should excel in the Capela role getting spoon fed by Brodie and Beard.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Before we make any trades, I’d really like if we can give Moute a couple of 10 days, and give Anderson 20+ minutes for 10 games straight first.

Our two problems are defense and size, and all we can do is trade 2nds and small contracts. Not much Morey can do.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Giving Anderson 20+min is how we go 0-10.

Moute is who I would like to give a shot...but hes probably injured if he signed with no one.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think so, if we can get him in his offensive grove again he'd be a nice addition to our depth, especially as a PF with size, plus, Tucker can't keep playing 35 mpg. The man is 34 years old (and THICC), he should have a minute average around 25mpg during the regular season.[/QUOTE]

HP3 likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

You’re looking in the wrong direction.

Buyouts are coming.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is the two TPE's the Rockets have , $3.6 and $3.2m

Who are some players that fit within those exceptions that you could acquire , even if you are only doing so to combine them with other contracts in 90 days?

jch1911 and D-rock like this.