1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) MDA has ended contract talks with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 30, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

we are fcuked...knowing this is his last year in the Rockets i don't think MDA gonna try hard coaching next season....we ain't winning shiit next season...let's just tank for whoever in the lottery...

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, But They basically wiped out his entire coaching staff except for him guys he’s been working with for three years like it doesn’t make any sense. And it doesn’t seem like a good Look for hiring potential assistance like nobody would want to get involved with us looking like this right now it doesn’t make sense

3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Um...Les let Van Gundy go into the last year of his contract because he really didn’t want to keep him. He then went behind Van Gundy’s back and hired Adelman. He then got tired of Adelman and let him go by not renewing his contract.

Les was also known to be a cheapskate. There’s the famous Barkley story where Les supposedly went back on an oral agreement to pay him after he took less money and many others. Les also never wanted to pay the luxury tax; often forcing players to be traded or not re-signed because of that, however, he wouldn’t allow tanking because he couldn’t afford the hit to the tickets it would cause. We ended up sitting through a lot of “9th seed” years because of it.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn’t look all that odd to me when they’re the ones taking the fall. The last two losses obviously didn’t sit well and for good reason. I’d be more concerned if they were content And nothing was being done

PeteChilcutBoss and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Weren't those guys expiring and not even tied to Mike?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dan Toni will force Tilman to fire and pay him rather than giving him a way out of the money owed

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We are in the (**** if I'm playing for that team) status just like the Lakers until we can get our off-season **** together.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, Tilman sucks.

9. foh

foh Member

Too much nonsensical news/activity lately. It would indicate that some of it is done impulsively upon orders coming from multiple power centers on the team. Tilman and/or Harden are unhappy and Morey is trying to put out the fires. Morey's "everyone is an asset" approach might finally be catching up to him where this culture is promoting "everyone for themselves" type of attitude - everyone is a leaker in such a state and PR can't be controlled properly. Only power houses like Celtics and Lakers can get the chip amid dysfunction and lack of cohesion/single-vision throughout organization. Could also be growing pains due to recent change of ownership.

ps. pure speculation but could Harden/Tilman be holding a grudge at Bzdelik (for retiring) and CP3 (for ostensibly pushing for Melo signing) - seems like CP3 is on the chopping block (everyone is up for trade tweet and LeBron's sniping at Rox and then hanging out with CP3). Both events could be blamed for bad playoff seeding and the resulting early 2nd round exit.

#189 foh, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Given everything that’s happend, you don’t extend Mike, than you wipe out almost his entire coaching staff and you’re telling me that’s a recipe for success, no way not buying,If it works out next season I’ll happily eat the crow for now Color me skeptical

11. macan

macan Member

this showing is bad for Rockets organization.. ain't nobody would wanna work or play here in the future..superstars players and coaches may think twice before signing here....FML

12. HP3

HP3 Member

It’s not just Rodgers and Jeff who are gone apparently gunning and someone else are gone as well and they are on the offensive side of things :(

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but seems like they would be gone next summer right?

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

That's where this is fxxked up and now this unnecessary drama. Maybe Tilman truly thinks this is an incentive package that MDA should be grate for. Who knows.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm sensing a buyout in the near future?

IBTL and Plowman like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m fine with not giving him an extension right now. Doesn’t mean he won’t get one later or can’t be revisited. There seems to be a lot of question marks with this team at this point to lock themselves up for someone who has come up just a bit short, even though he’s done a lot of good things. I’m good with the wait and see approach. Like @DreamShook just mentioned Mchale was given an extension only to be basically immediately fired

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

As if they’ve just been lining up before lol

Pick of the free agents right guys

macan and treyk3 like this.
  18. HTM

HTM Member

Au Revoir Shoshanna. Like coaches really matter in the NBA.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lol I think Tilman will offer him a gift card.

steddinotayto and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So MDA is going into next season with a lot of pressure to get a 1 seed and get to the Finals. 40 mpg for Harden?