1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the ****ing point of Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 1, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

I don’t understand why there were moments where gerald green and austin rivers were running the offense with the ball in their hands while chris paul was just standing around watching.

2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

it happens, dont be dumb. he had two major injuries since last May and hes 34. He peaked last year and tbh has now become about as important to us as EG

BasketMAD likes this.
  3. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I

So what your saying is Morey didn’t realize he was getting old, prone to injuries, and couldn’t anticipate a labeled star player would command a large contract when he traded for him in the first place? Lol, okay.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

lol hes making a whopping 35 million bucks

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You guys seem to have a short memory about him. How long was him with the Clippers? Did he win anything there?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Should feel bad for Harden ;) (even with his playoff disappointments)

Good, but declining Dwight Howard
    Ryan Anderson/Eric Gordon
    Good but declining Chris Paul

Will he ever play with another (in-his-prime) star/all-star?
    Don't think Dwight or Chris made the all-star or all-NBA teams while in Houston -- EDIT: Dwight made 2nd team in 2013-14.
    Only guys going to all-star weekend are PatBev for the Taco Bell Skills Challenge & Eric Gordon for the 3pt contest.

7. Mr. Space City

Morey was trying to build a championship team for 2018, which he did if CP3’s hamstring didn’t go out.

CP3 wanted the max. Money could’ve let him walk to LA to play with his buddy Lebron, and clutchfans would have had a fit for getting rid of the guy that had them up 3-2 over the warriors, or, he could cave in and give CP3 what he wanted and hoped he would replicate his performance the year before and maybe win a title and live with the consequences of that bad contract moving on but at least have a trophy as a result of it.

jeevinesh likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Finally"? Some people have been saying this around here since last year. :confused:

9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

10. varughese.arun

Im pretty sure i didn't say CP3 is ineffective. I said we gave up too much to get cp3. If we just needed a guy other than Harden to run the offense, we could have found a much cheaper option.

@RealRocFan47 yes, Harden stands around watching cp3. But that's what hes always done. Our system is built around harden not cp3. Harden dribbles the ball a lot... it's no surprise . CP3 doses the same thing... again no revelation.

But to expect them to play different roles while they share the court... is wishful thinking.

For LBJ they brought in shooters and rebounders which lead him to win chip.
    Instead, for Harden we put another "facilitator," and sub par shooters (bc we couldnt afford any better shooters after paying cp3).

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean everyone here was saying if he played game 6 and 7 we'd have a championship.

Short memory works both ways. CP3 is a competitor, he really needs to play more aggressive. Hopefully with the team's back against the wall he will go all out.

12. varughese.arun

I would have been okay woth him going to clippers for 40 mill per year.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Welp - he wanted to come here, so did Dwight.

KD Lang didn't
    Lebron didn't
    Paul George didn't

We need more star power but it's a long shot.

Cp3 is expensive but he's smart and has grit /heart and he should help us hold serve Saturday and Monday

#53 Tfor3, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Vivi and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOL, this fool wait ill we are at our worst to start talking all this mess. How bout you wait till this series is over.

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. Ratman

Ratman Member

He needs to be more aggresive. He shredded them last year. He does look slow to me so i wonder if age is getting too him. He can get his midrange on anyone, they are giving it. His midrange and hardens floaters = cash but they arent scared of capela.

jeevinesh, varughese.arun and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea cause you dont understand ball. Man, Im done here tonight this is dumb.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Clap clap clap.

That is the ****ing point of Chris Paul.

Last year was our year but the NBA ****ed us because it’s scripted, it’s fixed and it’s rigged.

This years it’s the same corruption and fixing, but even worse since Chris Paul is on the decline now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#57 Mr. Dominant, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Tfor3 likes this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

I'm just wondering how he went from franchise savior to bum in 11 months. Or maybe its just super overreaction/frustration because your team lost to an all time great team. But I guess that makes me "dumb". :rolleyes:

By the way, other than Lebron (maybe the greatest player of all time) squeaking one out (before Durant arrived) what team has done BETTER versus the Warriors than Houston?

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Built team to take down specificaly gsw, get swept by gsw

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If CP3 still not step up....

I want Lou+Beverly+Harrell back!!!