1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the ****ing point of Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, May 1, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets had a window of exactly 1 year (well, not even because CP0 couldn't even last the whole season)

BasketMAD and GotGame15 like this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

18 points 7 rebounds 6 Assists 3 steals

Our 2nd leading scorer.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Simply this.

After the start of the season i was worried like many others here but i think it made sense before judging to wait and see more how he was going to play for all the season, and while Chris is still important for us, in a lot of games he looks more like an elite role player rather than a legit star. It's kinda sad but that was always a risk we knew we were taking. People who didn't want to trade for Butler few months ago are about to change their mind soon, if they already didn't.

macan and GotGame15 like this.
  4. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

So I guess he wasn't the reason this wasn't a blow out from the jump?? When Harden left, he commanded the offense and brought us back.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Not good enough and he set a tone with his horrible turnovers in the 1st qtr

BasketMAD likes this.
  6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Who do you think was the only starter with a positive plus/minus????

I'll wait....

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

He’s cashing checks and choking like a dog on the court. I’m ready to yank his hamstring myself.

8. Mr. Space City

because CF would’ve wanted Morey’s head on a stake if he told CP3 to kick rocks after last year.

CP3 put Morey between a rock and a hard place wanting the max.

https://spacecityscoop.com/2018/06/04/rockets-rumor-chris-paul-max-contract/

9. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

How much of that was in garbage time?

BasketMAD likes this.
  10. varughese.arun

This falls on D. Morey.

I am a huge Morey fan but paying CP3 all that money is one of his big biggest mistakes.

Everyone in the world knew that CP3 wasnt the win now move. Especially it leaves us with Austin Rivers and Tucker shooting threes against Thompson, Curey, and Durant.

We could have used a 4 who could shoot and grab boards.

11. TheresTheDagger

So let me get this straight....

11 months ago, losing CP3 was the reason we lost a championship. Now he's the main reason we lost to maybe the best team in NBA history.

Gotcha.....

12. varughese.arun

Im not disputing that CP3 is good. He is just an inflated asset. We paid him too much for his service which left us deficient in other roles. CP3 is not worth the money he is making. Inflated

13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Chris paul being bad is not the problem. We knew he would get worse. We knew he was injury prone and we didnt address it. Instead we waived players, let our starting forward go for nothing and traded our picks for a player who any non neanderthal knew would be useless.

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

True he is not worth the money he is getting, especially in years to come. But he is still an All World point guard...If Harden didn't come back...he would have had probably at least 25 and 10+ assist...He played 40 mins today, most just deferring to James when they both played together. Harden needs to develop or re-develop some type of off ball offense, if you want to get your money's worth out of CP3

15. Mr. Space City

Chris Paul was a ghost in the 4th when Harden was on the bench.

varughese.arun likes this.
  16. varughese.arun

...Or CP needs to develope some off-ball offense. Or at least learn to catch and shoot.

CP3 wasnt brought in to help when Harden is out. Morey knew what Hardens strengths were. CP knows as well. CP needs to learn to be an asset when harden is playing. CP was the one who was excited about playing the role of "shooting guard." All talk. Not skilled enough to be shooter

17. threepointshot3

And now cp is slow and turnover prone.

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Paul is a facilitator...When ever he touches the ball is first instinct is to facilitate. When he and harden are on the court, his role is diminished. Harden could be much more effective when they play together if he let Paul facilitate and he works to be able to receive the ball in positions that would put much more pressure on the defense....

Instead, he just stands there and either waits to get the ball back or just watches the play...

I honestly don't think I've seen James run without the ball in a half court setting this entire playoffs

#38 RealRocFan47, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    BasketMAD, DVauthrin, dcfma and 2 others like this.
  19. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

CP3 played 40 mins tonight and was a Plus +5

That's means that the 8 mins he didn't play, we were outscored by 11 points...Tell me again how he is not effective???

20. jowman

jowman Member

Harrell Lou and Beverly > cp3. Clippers were able to take 2 games off warriors with those 3 playing a solid part. Add the MVP and Gordon’s good shooting should be enough. Cp3 is washed, even before he was washed he was cursed to always lose to the warriors.

Would gladly be proven wrong with Paul winning a few for us. Sadly it’s much more likely his contract becomes one of the worst in the league than us getting past warriors.

varughese.arun likes this.