1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Ennis signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and Red Chocolate like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Melo will be starting and playing 28-30 min a night.

Ppl are sleeping in melo he can still score at an elite level as long as he’s playing off true superstar players that he knows are better than him.

He gets that in Houston, he didn’t have that in okc.

Russ and PG are very good players but their not on harden and Cp3 level. They don’t make guys around them better harden and cp3 do.

We’ve seen harden win 55 games as the lone star numerous times. We’ve seen cp3 win 50 games as the best player on his team plenty of times. All we’ve seen from Russ and PG as the number ones is 41-47 wins and zero playoff series wins.

Melo was that caliber of player when he was in his prime. He was never mvp level Like harden and Paul.

He’ll buy in because we will win a lot and he’ll score so many easy buckets on this team. Something he never got in okc.

Everyone gets better when they leave okc and Russ melo won’t be any different.

Notice how players get worse when they leave harden. Harden makes role players look good. Imagine what he’ll do with a hof player in melo?

We’re about to see 20 ppg season from Mr. Anthony this year.

3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Melo off the bench as a 4 behind Tucker would be an absolute coup (probably even more significant than GS signing Boogie who may not even play this year)

17 players..there’s a deal coming!

CP3/Melton/MCW
    Harden/Gordon/Green
    Ennis/Green/Edwards
    Tucker/Melo/Ryno/Clark
    Capela/Hartenstein/Nene/Zhou/Onuaku

Ryno, Nene, Gordon (in that order) help make salary work. Zhou, Onuaku, Hartenstein, Clark, Melton, Edwards are potential sweetener + picks. My guess is Bazemore is the most realistic target. Kawhi would be a Dream.

It’s pretty amazing with the roster that Morey has assembled that he finds himself likely landing a future HOF’er for the MLE and having plenty of options in a haul for yet another great trade (not CP3 level but I know there’s an Ariza upgrade somewhere)

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% player

Morey knows what’s up.

Melo will look like a star again and we will have a true big3 with studs in Capela and Gordon right behind them.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Welcome to Houston, James Enn15!

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Says the guy that wants to move PJ Tucker out of the starting lineup for Carmelo Anthony?

Tipjar Bet? :rolleyes:

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Quintessential fan attitude... lol
    This is the same mindset that declared that everybody from last years team would be back bc Tilman would 'just blank check everything....' "we have Ariza's bird rights - so we can pay him whatever - it doesn't matter, we're already operating over the cap..."
    (not saying we shoulda paid Ariza 15M - i actually dont... but we are over the cap and it did matter...)

Answer to your question is: Tilman gives a F about taxes - the guy who pays the taxes and coincidentally owns and runs the organization - and has the last say in contracts that are handed out...

...jus sayin...

#287 kjayp, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

2 million dollars, Vet Min... Maybe go see how much luxury tax that costs before posting again?

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's been in a solid back up in the league...not a great back up. Those who say he can/will start are way too optimistic.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So many Forwards available
    James Nunnally, Jabari Parker, Carmelo Anthony, Nick Young
    I want Nunnally, and Parker.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I actually dont think its a bad contract for us... i'm just surprised DM gave a player option - very out of practice - and does include some risk - it aint all 'win-win' to have small expiring contracts, etc... as you declare...
    yer the guy with the cavalier attitude about paying taxes... why dont you figure the cost of him opting in to the second year if he turns out to be an unplayable scrub... dont forget to add in all those repeat offender charges...

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This changes everything

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rocket...on-trying-to-close-deal-with-james-ennis/amp/

"The Rockets are moving on from free agent James Nunnally and have instead focused their attention onto forward James Ennis."

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If he is terrible, we have a minimum salary expiring contract next year.

Operating over the tax, that is likely something we will need If we want to make any sort of roster improvements.

15. KellyUnchained

wow guess i still had this account from like 2013...anyway I hope J.R doesn't stand for Jessie Rains, the troll from Twitter. people told me you bash me on here and i had to see for myself. I know you're just trolling cause there's no way you actually think I was wrong.

16. KellyUnchained

really? where did you even get that from? lmaoooo you guys are dug into this agenda

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

please tell us that the rockets haven't given up on the liangelo ball sweepstakes yet

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Rockets possible 2018-2019 roster:

Starters:
    Chris Paul
    James Harden
    James Ennis
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela

Bench:
    Eric Gordon
    Nick Young
    Gerald Green
    Carmelo Anthony
    Nene

Reserves:
    Michael Carter-Williams
    De’Anthony Melitón

D-League:
    Vincent Edwards
    Zhou Qi

2 Way Contract:
    Danuel House
    Trevon Duval

With all this said clearly I have HOU trading Anderson this year along with Chinanu Okuaku. I also only see MCW playing if/when CP3 and Gordon are out and same for Melton.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Was just a joke;)

20. aroundtheblock2

Thats what his agent said...but maybe theres a chance the Rockets are looking to add both? I dont really like the idea of giving Melo the full MLE and not bringing in more 3 and D guys on the wing.

rockets1995 likes this.