1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Kevin Durant should get more respect.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swapshop, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

As a Houston Rockets fan (being from Houston area) I am suppose to hate the Warriors, and for the most part I do but one thing has been bothering me. Kevin Durant getting shat on by people for teaming up with the Warriors.

Durant is a great player and the argument is he should have joined a lesser team to prove his worth and be more competitive? I don't think in his mind he has to prove himself, I think he knows what he can do. There are all these vets like I dunno, lets say Chris Paul who pretend they really want to win a championship. You see them all throughout the league, they pretend winning a championship is the most important thing to them..

This is all BS. Durant put his money where his mouth is. He took a pay cut to sign up with a team he knew would get him one. Frauds like CP3 saying a championship is the most important thing to them make me laugh. If you want to win one why not take that paycut like Durant did?

Exactly, because you want the cake and eat it too. Durant should have more respect from people because he was willing to do what others refuse to do.

I still have many complaints about the Warriors as a whole but the more I think about it, the more I respect Durant.

rm365, MikeT, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  2. jsingles

jsingles Member

If by more respect you mean more insults and shame, then yes, more respect.

roslolian, Swiss Roll, rm365 and 19 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't believe Durant has a burner account on clutchfans [​IMG]

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's only June 14th.....

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I’ve moved cities, countries, and continents for better opportunities instead of being “loyal” to the place that gave me my first job out of college.

I really don’t care where players go. I didn’t care about Lebron to Miami, KD to gsw, and it won’t bother me where Lebron goes next

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

KD himself isn't even satisfied with his championships because he knows he took the easy way out. Why do you think he's turned into this insecure douchebags these past two seasons? He tries to cover up his insecurities by putting on this fake tough guy act but in reality he just wants to be loved again. Can't and never will respect that clown.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

HEY Durant GTFO Clutchfans!!!

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

9. xaos

xaos Member

Recognize? Yes. Respect? No

10. vick

vick Member

Shut it down.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow what a dumbass thread.

remind us when cp3 came out and said hes not sacrificing anything.

remind us actually what cp3 did to come to houston and money he left on the table. what he did for the rockets to allow houston to get the players they got in the offseason.

you obviously know none of this. you know who's a fraud. yourself. if you're actually a fan of the rockets and not know any of this. what a joke. OP needs a reality check with his stupid logic and get your facts straight first before hoping back on KD's nuts

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Why isn't anyone else taking a paycut like he did?

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

As evidence you are clearly not in love with the fact that CP3 contributions nearly led this current Rockets team to this year's NBA finals.

Cleverly disguising your main motive to bash CP3 instead of Durant. I respect Durant for putting his ego on hold, take less cash and joining a team that has the best chance to win. What I do not respect is the fact that any time criticism comes up in regards to his past or that specific decision he shys so far away from it, I truly get peeved and triggered. Own it brother, you made a choice you knew was going to be scrutinized for the rest of the life.

This choice can't be compared to LeBron/Wade/Bosh's because they didn't join a CHAMPIONSHIP team (had previously had a core in place that won a PREVIOUS championship). Now if CP3 truly wants to help us win he would take near max money, but not the full max.

Whatever Paul chooses to do with his future contract will dictate our team's potential success or restrict it, as his positive bill health seems to run dry near post season months.

Take your Durant defense somewhere else please ! Maybe a GSW forum

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and BigO like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So you guys don't want LeBron to join the team? Him coming here is probably a guaranteed win for HOU. Isn't letting him coming here basically taking the easy way out?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you should probably get your facts straight first

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  16. MD_in_Training

CP3 left more money on the table than KD... so just delete your thread.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LMAO CP3 took a paycut by opting in and not electing Free Agency. This let us land PJ Tucker, who took a paycut.

LRMM...paycut
    Ariza...paycut

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Didn't read and just came in to say that Durant is the biggest b**** I know. **** her.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

dont make me laugh, he got rings and fmvp, but he will go down in history as the biggest btch in the nba for taking the easy way to get it.

20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Give me a break. Durant is one of the most freak talents in the league. Hes too good to be a lackey piece. Him knowing his talent should be the building block. Him joining the team that beat him that was loaded is the most chicken **** move in nba history.

OP this is nonsense.

Put his money where his mouth is? So the only way to put your money where yourmouth is is join the warriors for less money? Lmao. Get that **** out of here OP. I usually am pretty calm and non sense just makes me laugh, but your opinion on this actually upsets me lol. Its such a bs high school iq level opinion