1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green's Playoff Impact

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Here me out... I'm not saying he will outplay Kevin Durant but if we get a fired up Gerald representing the H full throttle in the playoffs he could possibly have games like this... which would help us offset a Kevin Durant regarding all the points he will score in a series. Not to mention all the other role players we have.

I also go back to this game against GS this year. I just have a feeling Green is going to go banana's in the playoffs for two reasons. 1. The Dantoni system fits his game to a tee. 2. He takes playing for Hou very seriously to the point where his competitive edge to win the championship is at a all time high. With Gerald being from Hou he plays with a passion i haven't seen since he played with Pheonix that year. Gerald has always had a ton of talent and skill. He just needed it all to develop in manner where the fundamentals of basketball and intelligence/experience met all that talent/skill. With passion and aggressive to go along with it he would ultimately reach his potential. We may see this in this year's playoffs.

If we can get Nene, Green, Moute and EG consistently killing it off the bench we will get this championship. Iso Joe... whatever he gives us in the 3 to 7 minutes he will get in the playoffs is a bonus... we will have to pull him if he's off shooting wise. I know Ariza and Tucker will hit their shots in the starting lineup. They know where their shooting spots are in the corners playing all CP3 and Harden plus the Capela pick and roll.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you just know gg s gonna kill it if he plays!
    i adore this dude

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

H town Rep

Quickly rising to the upper echelon of houston greats

Already greater IMO than JJ (both of them)

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

To be honest, I believe Green is going to play out of his mind during the playoffs for Houston. This man bleeds HOUSTON, and HOUSTON comes out and support their team during the playoffs. He is going to feed off that crowd energy.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Planet Green, preparing for orbit!

[​IMG]

Mazulis, slothy420 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He has HEART!

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The thing that makes Gerald Green special as compared to other role players is that he can get his shot pretty much anytime he wants because he gets so much elevation on his jumpshot. He doesn't really have to worry about getting blocked, so if he's feeling it, he can get you a whole bunch of points. When teams start playing a little closer in playoffs, it shouldn't effect him too much. His percentages in the playoffs were actually higher than they were in the regular season last year.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gerald reminds me a lot of Steve Francis Passion for the game and how much momentum he bring, he shoots 3 pointers he looks a lot like Tracy McGrady. Gerald is going to go all out this playoffs, even diving on the floor for loose balls. He is constantly communicating on defense.

joeson332 likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Unlike who??? :D

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

People say that if we get EGo and GG going consistently then we would be solid, which is true.

Just remember that if they did play consistently, they would be all-stars, which they are not.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is something else i was looking at. He's another player that can create for himself and others. He creates for himself a whole lot better but that's something in the playoffs where the more you have the better.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Green can shoot you to victory or shoot you to defeat. He is very unpredictable. I wish he would drive more.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hasheem Thabeet

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Nobody is a bigger fan of GG than me - absolutely love the dude's fire - but lets temper our expectations, folks... He's a guy who was sitting on his couch a couple months ago and is playing for peanuts... let's just consider whatever he can contribute a bonus, rather than having an unreal expectation... lol!
    I'm just counting on a few high energy spark plug moments off the bench - with some streaky shooting...

Go Rox!

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't think of a time where we have lost because of Gerald. Maybe it's because we've lost less than 5 games since he's been on the squad. I don't think he would ever be allowed to miss enough shots to make us lose a game. If he isn't feeling it, MDA just stops playing him. He's not T-mac where hes allowe to go 1 for 9 in the first half on long 2's to get warmed up. If he's clanking the rim, they would bench him for someone else.

18. ballscientist1

GG:

3-pt percentage: 36.6%

overall field goal percentage: 39.6%

Quinn Cook recent stats without Curry.

20 pts, 5 assts, 5 rebs, 50% 3-pts percentage

GG Stats:

11 pts, 0.7 asst, 3 rebs

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I need to see Cook in a playoff series. He has been playing well but GS has struggled as a team. Gerald has less pressure than Cook too. Cook has a huge role to fill.

20. valorita

valorita Member

I’ll feed the troll.

GSW 5 loses in past 10 games.

Rockets post all star game 20-2.