1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA player of the week: west Jokić, east Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Nov 13, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’m nba radio they were called harden McDonald’s. You know what you are getting and it’s fine but ready for exciting new stuff like Giannis and others. Can’t keep giving everything to guys like harden lebron and curry lol.

Except they haven’t given anything to harden!

2. Soneca

Soneca Member

I had to click just to see who the hell was Harris. Tobias, I see. Irrelevant as this "award"

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I have no idea who votes for these I dont think its the media but there has to be something weird in this - there is no way objectively you could give this award to Jokic over Harden this past week:

Jokic: 22.6/13.3/5.6 going 3-0 but the splits were crazy he had 41/12/5 against the Nets which brought his scoring average super high after putting up 15 and 12 points the next two games against the Thunder and Magic

Harden: 33/6.6/12 also going 3-0 but his stats were much less volatile compared to Jokic across the board.

Its kind of ridiculous to say there is "voter fatigue" for POW - I expect Harden to win Player of the Month in the west for November - but this is downright bad. Also Harden did play a road game on a back to back while Jokic played all their games at home where Denver has always had a huge advantage given the altitude.

This isn't so much to take away from the great week Jokic had but more to highlight the lack of respect for Harden really. He is pretty much taking all the nonsense thrown at him (new ref rules etc) and still killing it out there. Not sure why he isn't looked upon in the same light as other players. I mean people bring up lack of playoff success but its not like other players in the West outside of GS have fared great in the playoffs lately.

Deuce, PhilCollins and vcchlw like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doesn't matter. Media isn't required to be objective. They do whatever they want.

5. Mr Chuck Norris

I think silver wouldn't mind.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sometimes I really think NBA is like a clown. They care nothing but money. Disgusting.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Westbrook with 33+12+8 last week, guess what? Shameless.

8. eslate22

eslate22 Member

when’s the last time someone won b2b POW? seems like they try their hardest to not do it often if ever

9. justtxyank

Just want to point out that at least one mvp voter last year used total number of player of the week and month awards in his calculation. I believe harden and westie were tied in weekly

10. justtxyank

Lebron did it last year

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Not sure if they meant " player of the weak" instead.....o_O

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

#MEDIACONSPIRACY

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I only came here to find Os T's hot take

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if harden was white, is there any doubt whatsoever he would have been named player of the week today?

Obito likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They were just tired of giving everything to James this early in the season. Nothing to see here.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. photojoe

photojoe Member

I do too.

...but mainly because the Astros already won the world series which is way cooler than MVP.

It would definitely be cool for Harden to win. It is awesome when he is recognized for player of the week or of the month or whatever. It's not like I'm rooting for him to not win it.

But it just seems like some people on this forum obsess over it and that is what matters.

For example, when Chris Paul comes back I hope that Harden' minutes come down and the amount of workload he has to carry is decreased- which would obviously lower stats and chances of MVP too. But it should hopefully increase his level of play later in the season with less fatigue and better chance at making a deep, competitive push for the Finals. And that is worth it even if it does decrease his chances of MVP

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

at this point, harden shouldn't care. only fans care

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No brah, you're in the wrong forum if you don't care.

SIL

19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

It was a joke in the West and Tobias in the east? Guess it was a joke in both of them.

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

lol westbrook has a 19 PER, and is proving what most rockets fans said about him last year, but the media wouldnt listen. He CANT MAKE PLAYERS around him better. He makes them worse

Harden with that OKC team last year wins 56 games easy