1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo - I say no way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jul 5, 2017.

1. SinceEverSince

This is how I feel about this thread...

Bids9, Tfor3 and PatBev like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP is an idiot who thinks that he can make a thread for every stupid thought that enters his head...please revoke this fool's thread starting privileges or he will continue to clutter this place with his garbage threads

OP knows nothing about basketball

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. SinceEverSince

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still don't want Melo - unless we can unload Anderson - then it is pretty much a wash.....

DD

5. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

it would be an improvement

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Way, or No way.

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Here is my take on this whole Melo to HOU thing.
    I'm obviously a huge Rockets fan and also watch a lot of Knicks games and unless you consistently watch either team play you will never really know what players are actually good and contribute to their respective teams, so to say a player like Melo washes a player like Anderson is completely ridiculous. Again I've watched plenty of Rockets games to determine that Anderson has 1 move and that's the dribble dribble step back fade off one foot shot, right? And if you stop it he has nothing left. Anderson can't put it on the floor because when he did he would throw up one of those wild spinning move shots that he hardly ever made that pissed every Rocket fan that was watching, it's safe to say Anderson is a one trick pony who's better when he's spotting up and shooting but even than would be MIA when we needed him most (home games and PO). Melo, on the other hand, is super underrated clutch player. The men has a plethora of moves that Anderson could only immulate in his dreams. His shot is pure and gets even better when he plays off of someone usually bettter than him. I always use his Olympic clips as an example of what Melo can actually do when surrounded with other great players and it's scary, the guy doesn't miss. In Denver his best teammate was a ball hog in Inverson and an aging Billups whom he actually went to the WCF with, surprisingly.
    Im Houston, Melo would strive with CP and Harden. 2 players who love sharing the ball and seem to be more worried about winning now more than ever. All Melo has to do is come in here and shoot the ball (That's what KD did in GS but with added D).
    So again to say Anderson and Melo would wash each other is complete garbage and the dumbest statement I've read in a while. Please watch the ACTUAL games and not just some highlights of these players b4 making any assessment on them.

RiceRockets and majicdonjuan like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Dear God- TLDNR

Paragraphs are your friends

Pen15clubber and Reeko like this.
  11. franchise120

franchise120 Member

Houston couldn't even start Anderson vs. the Spurs, considering how inept he was. I'd rather add a career 20PPG who can score from anywhere on the floor, and have better feet/ability to defend the pick and roll vs. GSW than Anderson....

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

How does this guy have to the ability to start trash threads like this, but when i try to start one it says i cant?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

This is the point that the thread starter is missing. Say what you want about Carmelo he can do so much more for our team than Ryan Anderson. The Knicks can ask for what they want, but the only leverage they have are his bird rights. If Houston are willing to walk away he leaves for the Knicks for nothing because Houston would not and should not show that card until the trade deadline. Resulting in the Knicks having no chance to even entertain finding another trade partner.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

The idiocy is flagrant.

People that think and talk foolishly have never seen Me lo play on the olympic and all star teams. He's a GREAT teammate next to superstars.

Also when he played with Allen Iverson and billups. He was a big time winner with the nuggets.

Give Me lo a great team around him and he will thrive with them. Only idiots don't understand.

This brother receives extremely unfound hate and criticism.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

that be messed up if melo came here, and Harden started hittin Lala now she single.. lol Melo would hit the no trade clause button faster than ****.

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. rockets13champs

It's not a button lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Ingredients
    • 375g Barilla Linguine
    • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
    • 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
    • 1 garlic clove, crushed
    • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
    • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    • Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
    • Salt and pepper, to season

Method
    • Step 1
      Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
    • Step 2
      Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
    • Step 3
      With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
    • Step 4
      Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve

don grahamleone and RiceRockets like this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think Melo could only be a positive if we can offset him with Anderson's contract and he doesn't ask for more than 23 mil.

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Anderson only 36 something ranks behind Melo in NBA. Good trade.

AirBud#10 likes this.