1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

Anyways, Dame and CJ are nice...but they aren't Harden and CP3...

bilaal14 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden lost the MVP to Westbrook because his supporting cast was so stacked with guys like Ryan Anderson yet we can't move him for ****? Lol.

Richie_Rich, mikol13, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

3 trade ideas to bring Carmelo Anthony to Portland
    • Maurice Harkless, Ed Davis, Al-Farouq Aminu for Anthony
    • Maurice Harkless, Ed Davis, Meyers Leonard, 2018 first-round pick for Anthony
    • Maurice Harkless, Allen Crabbe, 2018 first- and second-round draft picks for Anthony
    OK, all that said, I don't necessarily see him going there either. :)

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

You do know that Woj just said that like 2 days ago right?

"Anthony, 33, has been willing to waive his no-trade clause for Houston and Cleveland, but in recent weeks, he has begun to prioritize a trade to the Rockets to join Chris Paul and James Harden over one to the Cavaliers and LeBron James, league sources said."

Remlap, Tfor3, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Woj also said

"Houston is determined to complete a deal for Anthony and believes he is focused on playing with the Rockets next season, league sources said."

So melo should be a rockets sooner or later unless something horribly happens

BigMaloe, joshuaao, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Go to Portland please

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Things don't have to horribly happen for it not to work out. All that has to happen is no one willing to bite on Ryno's contract without strong incentives; which is a strong (not definite) possibility.

8. threepointshot3

Maybe you can lead the way

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Bucks got shooters: players over 34% with at least one attempt per game:
    Middleton: 1.6/3.6 (.433)
    Terry: 1.0/2.3 (.427)
    Brogdon: 1.0/2.5 (.408)
    Snell: 1.8/ 4.4 (.406)
    F/C Maker: .5/ 1.3 (.378)
    PF Parker: 1.3/3.5 (.365)
    Dellavedova: 1.0 / 2.9 (.364)
    PF Teletovic: 1.5/4.4 (.341)

Anderson wouldn't really add to their squad. Would have to give them probably 2 firsts - according to @malakas

malakas likes this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

More minor notes about Morey's picture:

1. Seurat worked on the background of this picture for well over two years. And it marked a complete departure from the work of his contemporaries. Lots of science involved--and of course dots.

2. And in another weird twist, the painting was almost torched on a visit to NY in 1958, but there was an evacuation plan. Hmmmm. Maybe Morey is ready to walk away and leave NY with a dumpster fire with a Carmelo buyout as their only option.

That's fine by me. Trade Anderson and spare parts for more pieces for later and wait.

#390 j@amc, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    BigMaloe, DonKnock, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Blazers have mediocre assets too, saying they have good assets it's just false. The only very valuable pieces they have are Lilly, CJ and Nurkic, players they're not going to trade, the rest of the roster is a mix of negative value (Leonard, Crabbe, Turner) and decent at best value (Harkless, Aminu).

Even if Melo is going to change his mind (and he's not) there would be better teams with better assets than the freaking Blazers being able to get him, ****ing lol at how delusional some dudes are.

Obito likes this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I am not a owner of a NBA team and I am still scared of the NBA repeater tax. Rockets subject to it next year, almost a guarantee.

Will have to get creative with the Melo trade.

13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I think Melo and Paul opt out and split whatever cap space to fit LeBron and Wade if the Banana Boat theory is real.

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

George's mistress in that play he mentioned is named Dot. That cracks me up. I'm pretty sure that was fictional and that Dot was an allusion to his dots.

The painting is Seurat's masterpiece so I think Morey is just talking about finishing his Rockets masterpiece. It's nice to know that Morey thinks it's not over yet.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Woj on Carmelo:

is counting on the franchise to carry out its previously agreed upon mandate to trade him to the Houston Rockets.

he has begun to prioritize a trade to the Rockets to join Chris Paul and James Harden over one to the Cavaliers and LeBron James

He's been pretty forward about it.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They have wanted to see the back of Monroe since James was prez.

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

While true, they won't be dumb about... plus he expires next year and has been a solid contributor

18. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

This was days ago. A lot changes in a few days for them. Blazers didn't say they wanted melo a few days ago. I will believe it when I see it. It is taking way too long for this to be even close to a probability. Something tells me Knicks are about to play hardball and a lot of people on clutchfans are going to be disappointed. What do they have to lose?

jch1911 and justtxyank like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

All while Carmelo plays a game of No Trade Clause over and over until it finally sinks in for the Knicks organization. He's the one holding most of the cards right now.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. ImMikeV

ImMikeV Member

The happiness of their big free agent signee THJ.