1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

so are we...

amaru and Fullcourt like this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Knixies, mebbe. Melo? Can't see it.

Fullcourt likes this.
  3. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

There it is!

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Two yard Line.

amaru and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why isn't the ever wanting to trade Greg Monroe Bucks not in for Ryno? Knixies would get (presumably a draft pick and) an expiring?

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I am absolutely sure Melo will not budge. The dude has shown that he stubborn as hell. He's been okay with losing in NY, just because he is okay with joining up with LBJ or the Rockets doesn't mean he's all of a sudden okay with getting moved out to random ass low caliber playoff teams.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Houston won 55 games and added Chris Paul, a Hall of Famer.
    Portland won 41 games and added no one.

It's also a substantially smaller market that's significantly farther away from his family. Yes, I'm pretty sure Portland can't entice him.

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

[​IMG]

Fantasma Negro and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

BS. Will never happen

Quote me later.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Blazers should try to trade for LaMarcus Aldridge.

A more realistic target.

Spurs are shopping him.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We at the 2 yard line... Portland not even on the field let alone in the game.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Fullcourt likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

thedreamsteam and Fulgore like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

The season doesn't start until October. I don't expect a resolution any time soon

15. The Cat

The amount of casual NBA fans that don't understand the no-trade clause is astounding to me. Of course, a big part of the Portland chatter is disingenuous "aggregator journalism" in which a lot of websites just want lazy clicks from a "shocking" headline. But even beyond that, there seem to be folks who genuinely think Melo could be "convinced" if a certain team (like Portland) shows interest first.

It's the strangest phenomenon. I'm fairly certain nearly the entire league recognizes that Carmelo Anthony is a good basketball player. Under the right circumstances (i.e. limited or bad assets sent out), nearly any team in the league would have interest. The reason we are in this situation is because Carmelo has a NTC, and he wants Houston, maybe Cleveland, or a buyout. Unless there's evidence of that stance changing, what other teams might offer NY and/or their desire for Carmelo is completely irrelevant.

16. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Everyone calling this "dumb" and mocking CJ don't get it. This isn't a recruitment pitch as much as it is Portland having fun. This is an obvious nod to the Nene Meloshop leak that was promptly taken down. In fact isn't it the exact same pic? Lol. Couple this with Portland's running "Cash Considerations" joke and I actually find them pretty fun/funny as an organization. No hate here. People need to lighten up!

jnuge90 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo's list was the Cavs and Clippers before we acquired CP3...he's only leaving NY to play with Bron or Chris Paul

18. The Cat

Other weird part of this: NY fans seem to think this somehow helps their bargaining position. Uh, it only matters if there's actually a chance Melo could go there. Otherwise, it's not leverage. There are actually a few who seem to think this could get Melo to "turn the heat up" on Morey to increase his offer. Fairly certain if Melo's going to get frustrated and "turn the heat up" on anyone, it's the team that vowed to trade him (to Houston) and then went back on its word.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is absolute truth and the bottom of all lines.

20. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

I don't know, I'm just saying weird things happen in the NBA and this has been one of the weirdest trade sagas ever. I'm not puttinghouston as the favorite to land melo until there are reputable people saying he is most likely a rocket. Not a potato guy or anyone else we don't know. I look for codman, cyberx, docrocket or woj. That's about it and none of them have definitively stated that melo wants Houston and is set on Houston. Till then anything is possible