1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to hold rally inside Toyota Center for Chris Paul on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 11, 2017.

1. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Why was it a disaster?

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Chris Paul rocking the skinny jeans :cool:

houstontexans likes this.
  3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Piss poor organization, thousands of fans still waiting outside to get in after the press conference already began. Me and my family were literally at the very front of the gate when they decided to shut it off and close off the building to anymore people saying they were at capacity already. We waited in the blistering heat for over an hour for nothing.

I can't imagine a stadium that houses 16,000 plus people for a game was at over capacity. Even if you shut off the upper bowl, you would still have about 10,000 seats left. According to Feigan there was about 6000 at the event. Sure, they were letting people in so damn slow that if we even got in we would have missed the entire thing anyway but it's just wrong to shut out people who have obviously been standing in line for a very long time.

I dont even want to buy tickets to a game anymore, i'll still root for the team obviously because they don't run these events but not giving another dime to this organization until they learn to run their **** more effieciently.

The same crap happens with dollar beers and hot dogs. They have huge ****ing lines and come 630 or whenever they listed the cut off time there is still hundreds of people waiting in line. They need to in advance cut the line off at a point instead of not announcing anything and having the lucky person that shows up at 631 have to pay 15 dollars for their beer and hot dog when the person in front of them got it for 2 bucks.

BigMaloe, Dave2000 and Kam like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. AB423

AB423 Member

Hell to the no we don't, especially Rockets fans. Our home games are an embarrassment as you don't see the seats filling up until the 2nd quarter.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Steve Francis falls in faint.

7. rockets13champs

It's gonna take some time to get used to chris Paul in Rocket Red

DonKnock and pugsly8422 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

What do you think Chris has up his sleeve? Think Morey gave him that sleeve? ;)

DonKnock likes this.
  9. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I know and that jersey is so ugly

hvic, jacoby and J.R. like this.
  10. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Wow lol. This happens all the time. They had the stage on one side so only a few sections were opened.

To not continue going to games because of this is silly but to each his own. Sorry you missed out

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Whatever event the Rockets put out, it's a clown show. One example I can use is their play day. I get in line to get on the court. I wait. I wait some more. Idiot teens try and cut. Then they say kids come to the front, so 500 kids run to the front when they can only take 50. They don't go back to their spot in line. They stay in the front and the idiot staffers don't say ****. Their events are just so damn disorganized and it's been like that probably for the last five or six years. It's progressively gotten worse and worse. Every season i think it might be better but in the back of my mind, I know it will be a cluster****. I knew the CP3 rally would have some issues. I'm lucky I could not make it, because I would have gone and again be frustrated by the lack of disorganization.

Also, if you park in the garage, expect to be there for a long time. That's why I never park in that garage or any at all for an event. It ends at the same time, everyone is leaving at the same time.

hvic likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

DonKnock likes this.
  13. DanielV

DanielV Member

Once I saw the line of people and remembered the event was taking place in the west club house I turned back around and took the rail back home. Also, I've never had a problem with dollor beer. I head upstairs to the beer carts and always get 3-4 beers.