1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George traded to Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure you can say we don't know this and that but its pretty likely they're a very good team. just like how we're saying hou is going to be a very good team with cp3. well yeah okc isn't an ideal city to choose to live in but at this point being part of an organization that actually puts up wins pretty much trumps that for pg13. going to LA to be part of a losing team once again makes no sense, which goes for all these rumors we've heard for years about guys going there. Once again I'm still waiting for someone to go there that makes a difference.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Basically KD told George that his leftovers that were not good enough for him are great for George.

Too funny.

Having said that I could see him stay in OKC and get a WCF appearances once over the next few years.

Unfortunately Pritchard really likes Oladipo and and Sabonis. A number of teams were scratching their collective heads.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Or, maybe he loved it but GS offered him a unique opportunity that basically no free agent has ever had before, so he jumped on it. It is possible to like two places or two options.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is not 100% certain, but supposedly KD's order of preference was GS, BOS, LAC, OKC. In other words, he was leaving OKC no matter what. Once that was decided, GS presented a unique opportunity compared to the Celts and Clippers.

The Thunder weren't actually an option.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

stop it. you and kd sound like used car snakeoil salesmen. he's selling okc to pg when even he wouldn't buy. what a b****.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Of course that is all rumor, which is often spread from people promoting their own agendas. Beyond that, it still doesn't refute that he may have loved OKC. He was there 9 years - maybe it was just time for something different or fresh faces or whatever else. People move all the time from places they love. You all are simply reading into things whatever you're predisposed to believing.

7. Major

Major Member

So you believe everyone who leaves a place didn't like it? You have a pretty simplistic and narrow view of the world, if that's true.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok being with the same organization for what 9 years doesn't mean anything

9. ipaman

i believe those people shouldn't "sell it" when they didn't even buy it. just another b**** move in a long line of b**** moves kd has pulled.

not really because he was drafted and they controlled his rights for much of those 9 years.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok, so throughout the 9 years not one complaint came out and that still doesn't count. In fact he defended his players time and time again.

yet you hear year after year stars complaining about help and what not. lol the level of kd hate is just dumb

11. ipaman

it's not hate just my opinion. i let you have yours, let me have mine.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah and I let you know what mine is. clearly hate and opinion doesn't make sense in this case

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

KD signed an extension with OKC. If he hated it that much, he would have bounced the first chance he got. He clearly doesn't hate OKC at all......he was just given a perfect situation to leave for (in terms of winning), and he took it. The same could be said for Chris Paul. Do you actually think he doesn't like it in LA??

14. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

this was the dream age and fit next to harden

15. ipaman

He loved the money more than his like or dislike for OKC. But then he realized he couldn't win so money importance when down on his 2nd opportunity and he signed with the winners. Then he liked winning so much that money became even less important. He then went on to sell OKC to other potential FAs in a do as i say not as i do scenario.

i don't think cp3 has sold clippers and doc rivers to potential FAs. on the contrary, he's selling h-town, dantoni, morey, etc...

16. ipaman

that's your opinion and i happen to disagree

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Right, so the BASKETBALL circumstances didn't fit what he (or CP3) was looking for, but OKC as a place to play still has a special place in his heart. It's perfectly plausible, and reasonable, to have love for something, but understand that it's best for your own personal growth to separate yourself from that thing.

BTW, I still think KD is a b**** for bouncing to GS (instead of another team where his path wouldn't be this easy), but I've always understood the decision.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup when people constantly throw b**** around, there's just no hate there. makes sense

20. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]