1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

for the record, it's a good question, and it might sadly become relevant. Just like I don't want people to say "nothing to see here," I don't want people to be considering jail terms before the investigation can run its course either.

Doubt anyone serves any meaningful time in jail, at all, even if there's some sort of prosecution. Rich people honestly never do, be they liberal or conservative or whatever. Still think the fallback position of "we're just outsiders and didn't know all this stuff" will be powerful enough, at least in the court of public opinion. Those clowns should adopt it post haste, though their pride and hubris may be getting in the way.

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

And how do you know it wasn't the Trump team's plan to notify the FBI if this Russian lawyer presented them any incriminating evidence on Hillary? Oh yeah, you don't.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Because they did not notify the FBI. They lied about 100x about ever having any meetings with Russian given ton of chances to do so. There is also the show of excitement.. loving it. Next defense please?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No worries, I was just partially teasing you, and to be honest, it is a valid enough question. btw, I am not "celebrating" the news... I am very patriotic and only want the best for our country, including a successful president. But Trump from the get-go has been a sleazy guy and has brought on so much of this on himself. I am very worried and sad as to what damage this is causing to our country including the democratic (small D) processes, both within the country and outside. And importantly, I do worry about alienating the votes of many Americans who sincerely supported Trump. This is a very serious charge that will have even more serious impact on America. Its not something folks should approach lightly, and ultimately there are no winners...

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So him saying " I love it, maybe later in the summer" was just a scheme to see if he could find something negative to turn in.

Perfectly plausible.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

7D Tetris

Amiga likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I hope they do their job, but frankly, I'm tired of the media obsession with it. I understand why- ratings- but it'd be nice to turn some attention to equally and more important matters.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And what the Gore's campaign did when they received Bush debate prep book from an anonymous source.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For somebody in the business of making unfounded assertions all over this thread, it's interesting to see you call out the factual grounding of others' claims.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

I dislike Trump as much as the next guy but all this time I assumed the Russian thing was more of a he is too dumb to actually work with them willingly so Russia was more indirectly helping out Trump so he'll probably come out ok in the end.

All this recent stuff plus the son's emails this morning pretty much put a wrap on that idea. These mf'ers straight up were working with Russian intelligence to help out Trump.

Wow gonna be fun to see Trump and his team try to spin this one. Their constant lying is gonna end up biting them in the ass.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What is more distrubing about Donny Jr, the fact that he is treasonous or that he is so GOD AWFULLY DUMB?

Russian Agent: HI! THIS IS RUSSIA! WE'D LIKE TO HELP INTERFERE IN THE ELECTION!"

Donny Jr: SURE LOVE IT GREAT PLAN, RUSSIAN AGENT! LET ME RESPOND OVER EMAIL THAT WILL BE PRESERVED AND SUBPOENAED FOREVER WHILE WE SET UP THESE MEETINGS WITH THE VERY HIGHEST PEOPLE IN THE CAMPAIGN!

pirc1 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

People - rich ones - went to jail for Whitewater and Watergate, Abramoff scandals, etc - this is WAY WAY worse than that.

In a normal time, Donny Jr. is already in handcuffs, and Trump has already resigned.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Even MSNBC is saying people yelling "treason" are unhinged. I think it is only you and Tim Kaine

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know because this is another example of Trump's people lying about the meeting claiming it never happened, and leaving it off of all of their official records that were supposed to list such meetings. It was one of many lies about meetings with the Russians. They have been dishonest about their meetings all along.

16. NewRoxFan

Trump Jr trying to build defense from supporters. But shame on Bill O'Reilly and Mike Huckabee for abandoning any sense of patriotism to support party over country...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because they ****ing lied on their security clearance documents about even meeting with the Russians you unbelievable twit

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am also partial to calling it treason.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Owes allegiance to the US? Yes.

Levies war? No.

Adheres to their enemies, giving aid and comfort? Well, if they coordinated with our enemy, Russia, to get Trump elected, which was Russia's stated goal, I could call that aid. Working independently to get Trump elected isn't aiding an enemy, and simply knowing that the enemy is working to get Trump elected isn't aiding an enemy, but working together to get Trump elected, discussing plans and timing, that could arguably be treason. Though so far, it only looks like attempted treason.

19. NewRoxFan

Important to note... Senate Leader McConnell and Speaker of House Ryan were briefed on Russian collusion accusations as far back as August 2016. In these troubling times for our government, all significant government activities beyond those that keep things going should be put on hold.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't have time to keep up with all this stuff like you D&D'ers. And I don't know what laws if any were broken. But damn, do these Trumps ever lie. These people just can't ever be honest. I'm so sick of the Trumps. This is so embarrassing for our country.

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.