1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo - I say no way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jul 5, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not that I don't feel Melo's pain there, but he shouldn't be shaking his head at other players doing that. He's not known for his effort and defensive IQ either.

Perki-Perk and Nimo like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another dumbass thread by htownidiot

[Premium Post]

Chop off OP hands, Delete Thread, Ban OP

Pen15clubber and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

In that order?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Upcoming:

SpaceCityProfessor
    HoustonReality

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I am so happy this thread exists. I mean, I was thinking to myself "what does that htowngenius guy think on this matter?" Then he went ahead and solved the problem for me, laying it out on the line. So so glad we could get his input. This thread, now ranks at the top of my all time moments in life. Thank you sir.

6. No Chill Rocket

Lol TBH, as soon as I seen who created the thread I clicked to see the roast session.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

On a serious note: Carmelo would be our better version of Klay, focus on spot up shooting, occasional post up, and straight up D... imagine olympic Melo... hoopgasm 100%. Melo being the 3rd best option makes him 100000x more valuable and effective.

Pen15clubber and YaoMing#1 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder how u become a mod on here? I would make it my mission to rid Clutchfans of stupid threads like this one.

lionaire likes this.
  10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. theh

theh Member

And what have the Rockets won in the same amount of time?

Pen15clubber and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Having melo catching the ball for an open three that Ryno gets all day or attacking a scrambling defense which Ryno got all day but clumsy convert is why you bring in melo.

He's actually a better stylistic fit than Paul George would have been, atleast on offense.

Imagine harden or cp3 running pick and roll with Capela with the other in the corner spot with melo in the pocket or up top.

Now imagine cp3 getting into the paint, doesn't have the lay up or Capela lob so he passes it to James harden in the corner. Harden than has either and open corner three or he can attack the basket for a layup. Now let's take it further and harden attacks the Basket and flips it back out to melo for and open three. Or harden just swings the ball to melo immediately and melo gets to attack the basket with a scrambling defense.

That right there has the entire big 4(cp3,harden,melo,Capela) with the chance to score An easy bucket.

And I haven't even mentioned that Trevor Ariza or pj tucker will literally be wide open in the opposite corner for a wide open three and that's your last option.

That's why you get melo and that's also why you can compete with golden state. No defense can defend that just like not defense can defend the warriors. You gotta score in bunches and also have multiple ways and players who can do it.

I'm convinced that cp3/harden/Ariza/melo/Capela with Gordon nene and tucker off the bench is just as good as steph/klay/KD/DG/Zaza with iggy swaggy and Casspi.

It doesn't look the same on paper with names But the results would be the same. When you have a team that talented the notion of only one ball really does come into play and you can't give cp3 harden melo an open look just like steph KD and klay. It's the same result.

It would be a 50/50 series with golden state having the edge in that they have been together for a long time but houston has the big advantage with Gordon off the bench for instant offense and good d but also the center spot. Capela and nene are major upgrades over what the warriors trott out every game.

I might be biased in fact I know I am but I do believe adding melo is the missing piece to truely contending for a title now.

Puts us on and even playing field with the warriors imo at least offensively which I think is the only why to beat golden state anyways.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

16. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

Show me his playoff highlights

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Granted it's been awhile.. lmao.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  18. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

Lol no offense but turned it off once I saw Mia leads 3-0

Loser Melo

19. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

When will these little kids get it.... amateur hour is 2-3pm every other day.....clutchfans is for grown folks and intelligent convos. @Clutch you are going to have to start asking for permission slips.

Pen15clubber likes this.