1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Astros too good to where all the Games are boring now?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Daddy Long Legs, May 16, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah, I can really piss myself off

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Can we please stop with these threads even they're tongue-in-cheek? There's no such thing as boring dominance. Especially when you've suffered through years of mediocrity and heartbreak. Not to mention this is H-Town sports we're talking about. The Astros could win 130 games and we'd still be terrified of another postseason letdown.

Houstunna and LonghornFan like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Howd this one workout? Lol

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ts-too-good-that-games-are-boring-now.279243/

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Well you did know how to push those buttons.

bobrek likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Houstunna and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

WTF? My expectations might have changed but I'm still watching as many as possible all the way to the end.

8. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, the games are not boring. But I will say that the losses this year are harder to take than in years past. I look forward to watching the game every day fully expecting the Stros to win, so a loss is a major letdown - like I've been cheated out of something that is supposed to be mine. Spoiled by the winning, may it forever continue.

9. conquistador#11

I've never missed a game until I did a personal boycott after they traded pence back on the fateful july 31st, but I returned back stronger for another back to back 100 loss season always watching the opposing broadcast feed because nobody was broadcasting astros. 0 rating.
    so yeah the games can never be boring. 100 losses Never forget!

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Funny. I think the losses are much easier to take. We've been winning in so many ways that I feel like a loss is giving up something that I probably should've already been forced to give up previously. And I know there will be much more winning than losing going forward.

11. count_dough-ku

The other thing is there are 162 games in a season. They're gonna lose the occasional game. But they're still winning almost every series, so it's no big deal.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I've been waiting for this thread. Thanks OP. In all seriousness, I have really enjoyed watching this team, especially after all of the lean years. I think our off-season additions have been great. But the best thing this season has been the return of a dominant Dallas Keuchel. He's just a lot of fun to watch when he's at his best.

[​IMG]

Yaosthirdleg and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is baseball. Enjoy it while it lasts. It wouldn't be weird if we went 12-12 the next 24. Good news is, we'd still have a very solid 39-24 record.

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

15. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I remember the days where it was hard to get two pages in a series game thread.

Pen15clubber and tellitlikeitis like this.
  16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

For a few years there, it seemed like the team and Major League Baseball as an entity were actively trying to disillusion Astros fans. I'll never forget hearing that Astros fans wouldn't mind moving to the AL cause it's not like we have a history in the NL or anything. Still makes me mad that we play in West and have to deal with late games all the time.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/18182/astros-fans-still-bitter-over-nl-switch

Sure, the Astros lost a lot of fans because of losing, but they lost me for a few years because I felt like there was a blatant disrespect for our history and culture as a franchise.

But they pulled me back in in '15. The youth movement has been too good to ignore. I still hate the AL switch, but admit that most of the rest has been a net positive. (love the new unis)

Tal's Hill, though. :(

17. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Go away, loser...

18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Lol, very true....I was on here posting pretty much daily during those days...all the drama and garmish stuff has made it to where I rarely post anymore

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't post much here but that doesn't mean I'm a fair-weather fan. I've been following this team religiously since the early 80's.....

I'm enjoying this hot start but it's a LONG season. Hell, school is not even out for the summer yet.

Is it wrong that I'm nervous about the rangers winning 6 in a row? Take nothing for granted.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Same way I'm feeling. U can lose this lead by having one bad week. Keep enjoying the wins and pray for the division to lose on niightly basis.

Uprising likes this.