1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] Toronto vs. Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2017.

?

(3)Toronto vs. (6)Milwaukee

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Raptors in 4

2.0%
  2. Raptors in 5

28.0%
  3. Raptors in 6

30.0%
  4. Raptors in 7

16.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

10.0%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.0%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

4.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Him and DeRozan have been quite terrible in the past playoffs, no way you can be successful with these guys as your go-to guys. They'd be great secondary options and able to take the load off the main guy, but that's it.

da_juice and RudyTBag like this.
  2. 713

713 Member

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But if the Raptors keep most of this core together(not sure they can afford all of them), then they're still a 45-50 win team in the joke that is the Eastern Conference. Maybe they're one of those franchises content with just making the playoffs every year.

da_juice likes this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

Blocked it with his elbow, this dude is slowly becoming my favorite player

malakas and Yung-T like this.
  5. DMO (DJ remix)

Kinda strange they're playing today, schedule at its finest ;o

6. DMO (DJ remix)

Found this hilarious gif on Raptors realgm forum [​IMG]

Zboy, malakas, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  7. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think the Raptors need a new coach. Dwane Casey looks lost out there, and he's getting out coach.

da_juice likes this.
  8. ilias

ilias Member

I think that's closer to the truth. The Raptors have enough talent to be a contender. Maybe the talent does not fit perfectlytogether. Maybe they need to replace one of their bigs with a shooter to space the floor. But the biggest flaws are the complete lack of movement on offense and lack of aggression on defense. They are so reliant on DeRozan/Lowry isos and long 2s. While I am impressed with the Bucks, the Raptors have so much defensive talent that they should be making it tougher for Milwaukee. Casey should gamble more on defense, the Raps have so many big and long bodies that they can recover.

In terms of talent: Joseph as your 3rd guard is not good enough. They have 5 bigs that can contribute (Ibaka, JV, Tucker, Carroll, Patterson), but none of them is a lights out shooter. Tucker and Carroll have similar skill sets. JV is perhaps better as bench guy.

Now for the summer: Re-sign Ibaka and start him at C. Sign a true stretch PF like Gallo. Let Patterson and Tucker go. Trade JV for a bench scorer like Bogdanovic/Reddick. Re-sign Lowry but not for max. Ibaka/Gallo/Carroll/DeRozan/Lowry with Bruno/Powell/scorer/CoJo off the bench.

#168 ilias, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. Fantasma Negro

The coach? Casey is not the problem, he doesn't wear a uniform. What you are seeing is length and athleticism dominating a very good team. If the raps lose this series it doesn't mean they suck it just means they got outplayed by probably the most athletically gifted team in the league and that's without Parker. Ppl had been saying the Bucks are three years away from taking the east from LeBron and they might still be but they're going to wear a lot of teams out with their pure athleticism and make these playoffs very interesting

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just this year, the Raptors always seem to underperform in the playoffs. They did get to the ECF last year I guess but they always just look worse than they were during the RS. He just hasn't been a good playoff coach.

Yung-T and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Raptors aren't that bad, it's just that the Bucks are that good.

Giannis along with Brogdon, Maker and Middleton are taking the league by storm a year or two earlier then expected. Toronto better pray the Buck's youth shows up in the next game, or else they are toast. Cleveland better watch out too.

How many teams can comfortably throw 3 seven footers out there and still space the floor and defend the perimeter?

(I hope our boy Joe Chee turns out to be something)

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lul

Zboy, DreamRun95 and malakas like this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Say what?? They play tomorrow afternoon.

14. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Heard about this. So brutal. lol

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'll be rooting hard for the Bucks today.

malakas likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Nothing has been achieved. Raptors may win tonight and then we're back to 0-0.
    I hope the youngsters stay grounded and keep playing their defence. (Which btw I hate, but against the Raptors is working).

As for Lowry..regardless of the final result a lot has to be said for his lack of leadership.
    Game 1 postgame: I guess I have to force shots next game since my teammates (dared to) called me out.
    Game 3 postgame: We have to follow the coach plan sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but we still have to follow it.

Great leader to inspire his team! :rolleyes:

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you. The fact the Raptors have come out flat in the playoffs so many times pins the tail on him. They need a change of direction.

18. whathappened

whathappened Member

DeRozan cannot even dribble against Snell's length. Makes you appreciate what Harden is doing against Roberson

buffalobills!!! and hakeem94 like this.
  19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lowry is so shook. Scared to take open jumpers. DDR > Lowry

20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Michael Beasley is on the bucks? I had no idea he was even in the league this year.

buffalobills!!! likes this.