1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Another thought - There isn't anyone with the skillset to train a mutant with that power. You also couldn't brainwash someone that had the ability to read your mind. It also probably takes a ton of time to master that power.

JeffB likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Who else chuckled a bit at the little fat black kid hauling ass through the woods?

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You ****ing lie!

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is this really the last time Patrick Stewart will be Xavier?

5. justtxyank

If so, it sucks that the XMen franchise was so disappointing. Patrick Stewart was meant to be Charles Xavier on screen. I hate that they blew it with the first trilogy (though I did like the first one.)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it's his last time playing that character...I mean he's about to turn 77 years old, so he can't do it forever.

As to the other post, yeah, it's a shame that they botched it. They had the characters cast correctly for the most part (aside from Wolverine being WAY too tall) the problem was that it wasn't the right time yet. Comic book movies hadn't progressed to what they can be today back then.

Honestly Patrick Stewart was/is perfect as Professor X, Hallie Berry was perfect as Storm, as odd as it seems Kelsey Grammer was perfect as Beast. Those early movies had a lot going for them by way of casting, they just didn't have a proper script or director that would handle it the right way.

7. justtxyank

Yeah, very frustrating. All the way back in the 90s when it seemed live a live action XMen would never happen, Patrick Stewart was always listed as the Xavier casting in Wizard magazine lol.

He was meant for the role. But you are right, the timing was bad. A big part of it also falls on the people who put it together though totally botching the characters. How the XMen movies turned Cyclops into a complete dud is beyond me.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

here's hoping that zack snyder can revive the x-men series!

Invisible Fan and Haymitch like this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it on Friday and really enjoyed it, finally felt like they finally got the character right. Story is pretty well worn, T2 & Aliens comes to mind, but the acting and direction really make it special. Jackman and Stewart are great. Dafne Keen was fantastic; really think that if they got that role wrong it would have brought down the movie by a few notches. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a jumping off point for her career like Portman in The Professional.

Only complaints was that I thought it could have been trimmed in a few sections to make it a bit more sleeker and wish they would have given Boyd Holbrook’s character just a tab bit more depth, thought he was really good.

Rodman23 likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Have to disagree on Halle Berry as storm. She was terrible. She had a realllllly bad accent in X1 then it magically just disappears. Too big a star (at the time) for too small a role.

eric.81 and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I guess what I meant was that she had the perfect look for it. It's true that she can't do accents and Storm kind of needs one.

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Regardless, you're right, casting has never been a problem with the X-Men films & being completely honest, the acting hasn't been terrible either (I know Cyclops sucked). The script, story lines have been absolutely terrible for the first 3 films. Never used Mr. Sinister, never used Onslaught, Never used Apocalypse. Just shoved Magneto down our throats for 2 movies (I love Magneto) & rushed into Dark Pheonix.

Terrible, & the new movies started off great with First Class & DOFP. Apocalypse? It was just as bad as Last Stand if not worse.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Misuse of Mystique . . . . ..

Rocket River

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah.....that was bad. That's why it's probably best to just reboot the whole damn thing so they can pretend the Mystique/Raven thing never happened.

Unfortunately it'll be years till they can do that.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Movie was fkn INCREDIBLE. What I enjoyed about this one and Deadpool is that they let you know themselves that yeah we totally screwed up with the franchise but were here to redeem ourselves how we see it, or f*** off. Loved the scenes with Logan and Xavier, Laura was BRILLIANT, the action sequences were intense, had a great western picture to it, especially with the classic references. 9/10

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Not sure if this was posted before but I thought I post it. I appreciate when this level of detail goes into film making.....

[​IMG]

Joshfast likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw X-Men apocalypse again on HBO, it was entertaining and definitely not as bad as The Last Stand.
    Sansa Stark going phoenix was awesome.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sansa was pretty terrible.

Rocket River and Obito like this.
  20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gawd damn great. 10/10

Stewart was Oscar worthy

GotGame15 and tinman like this.