1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, the Innis show is really circling the drain. They couldn't even beat out KFNC, which I have literally never heard of. (I just had to google it)

790 has got to be regretting this decision now.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I just don't get the logic. That dude's demo isn't on AM and they never will be. It'd be like giving Puala Deen (someone else that says dumb ****) a primetime TV show on ESPN.

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

You've never heard of ESPN 97.5 FM? I used to listen to them regularly back in like 2007 - 2008 for the Calvin Murphy Show with Dave Tepper and Julie Takahashi

HR Dept likes this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

I'm not sure the radio stations in Houston operate off ratings. 610 had crap ratings for a while, Rich Lord and John Lopez are still there. I think the fuddy duddy old man crowd is just complaining because Charlie can't google sports facts on air anymore. The show isn't bad, its a sports variety show so its not intended to be listened to for more than an hour at a time but honestly for its time slot there's nothing better locally, its going top take at least a year to re-build the audience and then I think the show will really take off. Can tell me a better local drive time show?

LonghornFan likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

All of them. Innes is a schmuck.

mikol13, Haymitch and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Who Triple Snoozefest? Yahoo radio? Ever since Dukes left 97.5, they suck too? If you would've said Doug Gotlueb on 650 I would've given credit but Houston sports radio is ass, Josh is a change from the norm, I enjoy it more than the rest of the boring mendacity that is Houston sports radio. But to each his or her own

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd rather listen to the vibrating sound those divots in the highways make.
    [​IMG]

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Clearly it's deeper than that, since the show's microscopic ratings are based on men 25-54. As bad as the 610 show is, they still have 4 times as many listeners as Innis.

CIRCLING THE DRAIN

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are absolutely the exception. I don't know anyone who can stand Josh Innes and I haven't tuned into 790 for ANY show since I heard they hired him. It was the same for 610 when he was there, the guy is absolute garbage and I don't want to reward any station that would allow him on air.

Creepy Crawl and body slam like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think as a matter of principle I have to put fans of Innes on ignore. I wouldn't even know what to say to someone who likes Innes. It's like we're different species.

I wish Innes fans well in life, but I have to excuse myself. No offense.

crose, larsv8 and mikol13 like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This

Listening to Innes is going to do nothing but make you dummer.

I was okay with Charlie, a bit repetitive at times, but serviceable. I gave Innes one show, post firing, and thought, wow this ****ing stupid. Nothing even resembling a good take on sports.

Its been nothing but podcasts since then, on my drive home.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If it wasnt for this thread driving curiosity, his numbers would be 0.0

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Really wish I could have heard Charlie this year with the Rockets playing well and the SB being in Houston (plus the damn game). 790...you dumb. I only listened to mad radio on 610 and boycotted 790 when I was in town for the SB.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

He just tries too hard. His intentional trolling makes him looks as dumb as the people that call in to argue with him. He needs to understand that there is no such thing as pretending to be racist. Even when I know he's saying things in jest, it still shows his true colors. He should leave the controversial comedy to people that are actually funny.

The stuff he says on air, joking or not, would get him seriously injured if said in public outside of that radio studio.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Are you serious? Look I love Charlie, the guy is a baseball knowledgist, he was really good at being an ******* to players, coaches, gms or pretty much anyone who called his show...I actually kinda miss that, but I can't stand Rich Lord, that guy doesn't know ****, but he brings in sponsors so they keep him on. He stinks. He and John Lopez add absolutely nothing to the programs they are on. I don't care what the ratings are

CometsWin likes this.
  16. Victorious

Victorious Member

Exactly. I only know of this guy because of this thread and all the crying. I checked it out and I thought it was better than listening to typical breaking down Xs & Os monotonous sports radio talk. I was entertained what can i say

Then all these elitest in here, "oh if you don't agree with my opinion, I'm blocking you! How can we ever be friendsss?! You obviously know nothing." :rolleyes:

#896 Victorious, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you hear the Watt skit a couple weeks ago?

I doubt anyone would talk the same outside of the studio. Sean Jones wouldn't be talking about challenging participants to a fight live at Twin Peaks. All conversations would be less argumentative. There's would be a more laid back tone to all conversations.

Innes does try hard though. Charlie is much better. Rich Lord and Crew (and most of 610) sucks.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Well now we know who the two listeners are.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What can I say. There is a reason we are the elite.

CometsWin likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

First, considering this is a Houston board, you could say something regarding the Texans, Astros, or Rockets as you both probably cheer for the same teams, and have shared the same triumphs and heartbreaks. You could also discuss all the new buildings being constructed around town, and how the city is growing. Plus you could discuss the other 100 things you likely have in common.

IIRC, you made a racial comment in a response to me last year. Not racist, but racial.

LMAO at the tunnel-vision and narrow-mindedness some people possess. You've already recently shown an inability to compartmentize, so this comment is really no surprise. Big LOL.

#900 Houstunna, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017