1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Skip Bayless] "I do not want my Spurs to face the Rockets in the 1st round"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Mr. Motiejunas

"James Harden and company has the potential to upset my Spurs in the playoffs".
    :cool:

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

please delete this

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ban OP.

No one cares about Skip Bayless.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Playoff Dwight could have an epic series. Go out on top before he retires from public life

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Meh. They could keep up for 3 quarters but the team would fold in the 4th after 3 back to back Danny Green threes.

1 person likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Spurs sweep Rockets confirmed

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where is the link?

If this is not true and is fabricated, Mr. Motiejunas aka OpenLayup-Why3 needs to be booted.

[​IMG]

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

That's right.

I see us ****ing **** up and getting that ring

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Haha. This must have garnered a chuckle, even from the modest Spurs.

I'd rather face the warriors. Yes, the Warriors have been better but I feel like the team would (stupidly) play harder against the Warriors.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He's probably watching First Take or something. Or lying. Although I have heard Skip in years past uttering that the Rockets were a bad matchup for them but that was before they had Aldridge and we had Bickerfail.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, do you think this group of guys have any pride whatsoever?

What makes you think they will play harder?

They have already called for players only meeting (core guys) to find package deals to go on vacation early May.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

It will end the same way!:

San Antonio sweeping, Tim Duncan laughing, Dwight Howard ejecting...

[​IMG]
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XfHXXude-dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HeEOFnJoHEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#14 J.R., Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Truth. Nobody wants to face us in the playoffs....because no one thinks we'll actually be in the playoffs. But who knows.....maybe we'll turn that mysterious corner and make that last 8th spot. I really don't care anymore. Just waiting around for the off season to start.

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Just curious, is Skip a real spur fan? Is he from San Antonio or have any ties for a long time with the team? Or are they just his team because they been good for so long?

17. bmd

bmd Member

I guess the Rockets are a weird case since they are virtually the same team as they were last season, and they won 56 games and went to the WCF.

So I guess most people think that the Rockets are actually better than their record indicates if they put all of their energy into the game or series. Maybe they feel like they are underachieving and could potentially play much better than their record in the playoffs.

Plus add the fact that the Rockets have matched up well with the Spurs in the past, and I can see how a Spurs fan would much rather play a 7 seed other than the Rockets.

I can see how there would be some fear there.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the difference is that people like Skip Bayless haven't watched every Rockets game since November hoping for the Rockets to "turn a corner" etc etc. Anybody who has watched this team all season knows there's really very little to fear here.

1 person likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Even if all the Spurs players aged five years they'd still be able to beat us. Hell, Leonard and a bunch of D-leaguers would beat us. You don't need to be talented to beat the Rockets, you just have to play hard and smart. This team folds. As usual, Skip is wrong.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Well, he's from Oklahoma City, and they didn't have a team when he grew up. He then moved to Dallas in his 20's for his job as a sports columnist. Dallas didn't have a team then either.

San Antonio did have a team though. And it's probably the closest city with an NBA team to OKC at the time.

So it's not far-fetched that he'd choose them as his team.