1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm in Canada and have ILP. All the games aired on TV in my area are blacked out.

2. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Still blackout for international league pass if your ip is in houston.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I believe blackout only happens in Canada and US (maybe Australia?).

If you have a proxy to UK you won't get any blackout using ILP.

4. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Anyone with any experience in Mexico? My situation is kind of unique. I will be living in Monterrey Mexico for the next year and a half, however I have US Directv with a Brownsville TX location, meaning that I get all the local Brownsville stations but b/c it's Rockets territory, games were blacked out last year and unless something changes, this year as well. I am thinking about waiting to see if Directv and Comcast work something out to get CSN, and if not just getting ILP and streaming it using my regular Monterrey IP address via Chromecast on my big screen.

5. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

No blackout in Australia.

6. AvgJoe

Then yeah, blackout only happens in Canada and US. I guess the "local" teams broadcasting is blackout.

7. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

its weird that you have to ask for paypal to be enable, that being said it took them less then 5min to enable it after i ask about it.

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

For all these posts in this thread...the million dollar question; Do you work for them or are you affiliated with them in any way? You seem to be pushing this very hard, beyond any normal encouragement.

What incentives are you getting from this?

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah, I found that pretty weird too. I'm not too tech savvy about PayPal as a whole, but I'm guessing their are more pros than cons when accepting money directly from someones credit card versus through PayPal? I'm not so sure to be honest.

Haha, so will you give me a million dollars for answering your question truthfully?
    Anywho, nah man, I'm not getting incentives. I just know from personal peer experience that HockeyStreams was/is legit, so I was pretty excited when I heard they were providing service for this years NBA and moving forwards seasons.
    Because of that, I am just trying to make sure whoever here on ClutchFans, CAN watch our Rockets at anytime, with no problems because of this whole CSN issue we are having/wants to save money/can't afford NBA LP/doesn't want to deal with any blackouts or restriction from NBA LP/wants all 30 game coverage versus to NBA LP's 5 I think, that they do and not be left out of this opportunity of $60 for the entire season + playoffs + olympics.

It would be awesome to know how many people I have gotten to sign up with BallStreams, but all I hope is that all of us are just content and happy and that all of us ARE able to watch our Rockets this year, in good quality.

10. roksoer

roksoer Member

I apologize if this has been asked before, are the preseason games also on international league pass?

11. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Some preseason games are shown but not all of them. Preseason games are not included in LP but you do get to see some of them. They randomly put some on LP but won't tell you which ones.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

do u know if any preseason games are aired on the online NBA TV channel?

13. AvgJoe

The page says "Most preseason games", up to individual interpretations I guess.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

15. Awkh

Awkh Member

I had a quick question.

I live in Laredo, TX we don't have Comcast service down here instead we have Time Warner. The sports regional channel that Time Warner provides to my city and mostly all South Texas region is FOX Sports Southwest. Which airs all Spurs and Mavericks games. They don't air any Rockets games at all ever since Comcast took over.

Since I'm not in the same market and cable providers are not the same as Houston. If I were to subscribe to NBA Broadband League Pass will I be blacked out from watching Rockets games?!

I'm guessing not but, any input will be greatly appreciated before subscribing and throwing my money into the burner.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

no you should be able to watch rockets games and i would suggest gettin the league pass TV version

17. seanp2

seanp2 Member

League pass broadband question: I usually start the games about an hour late so I can fast-forward through the commercials. Is this possible and easy to do with League Pass Broadband?

18. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

He's obviously marketable? Dumbass. Every Asian loves him regardless how he plays.

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The one thing i hate about NBA League Pass is that 90% of the games are NOT in high def. The quality if awful........they need to get with the times and broadcast league pass games in HD.

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's an issue with your service provider. Not League Pass.

I had League Pass TV (included broadband) and on Comcast, only one game was shown in HD everyday.

Switched to DirecTV and got league pass again, every single game was in HD and they even gave me the options of choosing which broadcast team I wanted.