Purpose of the Testing Forum

Clutch

Administrator
Staff member
I know I haven't been around on this forum ... summer got busy, but I knew it would and I wanted to get this out there before that happened so that people could play with the forum functionality.

The goal is to still get to this software in the near future. I want to be comfortable with a design first.

Yung-T

I know I haven't been around on this forum ... summer got busy, but I knew it would and I wanted to get this out there before that happened so that people could play with the forum functionality.

The goal is to still get to this software in the near future. I want to be comfortable with a design first.
I think the majority would agree that the new features would definitely improve Clutchfans, but the design should be slightly more similar to the main CF look, people really like Clutchfans for the clean and more text-based look. The current CF-style allows for a focus on actual discussion and text, without the distractions and cluttering of more modern design choices.

That said, I think nearly everyone likes the new mobile version and format, so you could probably keep that or only slightly change it.

Regarding additional features, I think the Forum X/New software definitely should include the multi-reply feature.

Clutch

Administrator
Staff member
I think the majority would agree that the new features would definitely improve Clutchfans, but the design should be slightly more similar to the main CF look, people really like Clutchfans for the clean and more text-based look. The current CF-style allows for a focus on actual discussion and text, without the distractions and cluttering of more modern design choices.

That said, I think nearly everyone likes the new mobile version and format, so you could probably keep that or only slightly change it.
You may be right. I think we will go to a new look, but likely provide a more classic look that members can go to if they like.

Regarding additional features, I think the Forum X/New software definitely should include the multi-reply feature.
This is currently here -- if you click Reply on each of the posts you want to quote, it includes them in the reply box at the bottom. It may need to be more intuitive.

You can also select part of a reply and it will give you the option to just quote that.

Clutch, from my standpoint, flip the switch whenever you are ready.
Thanks @A_3PO.

Very good analysis @Yung-T . Totally agree with keeping things streamlined.

The Mobile format is killer. And I think the "notifications" will really add a lot to the forums.

I would dearly love to be able to place a member on ignore for a specific forum, like Hangout and D&D, and still be able to read their posts in other forums, mainly basketball. If a member goes beyond the pale in D&D, for example, I still read their stuff in other forums. Being able to "ignore" someone just in a particular forum would make that a lot easier. I could give some examples, but won't go there, Clutch. ;)

I agree with Yung-T that the classic CF forum theme is GOAT. I really would like there to be an option to switch that more classic looking theme. Although it could also be a matter of getting used to it... Other than that, I'm really loving the changes!

I think it's also about time to have a feature to edit posts for all the members. It's just a weird thing to take away from non-contributing members. I'd rather you award the contributing members by something like GIF avatars, extra forum themes or fanciers signatures.