Search results

1. basso

Cooking: pork belly

Thanks @tycoonchip, that's essentially what i did the 2nd time (see photos above) but with some smoke. i'm on the fence about the skin though.
  2. basso

@RedRedemption TWSS.
  3. basso

2nd attempt went much better. left the skin on this time (more on that below) and applied a basic rub, then smoke on low heat (250). after two hours it looked like this: poured a beer in the pan and wrapped in foil. 3 hours later: raised heat to 300-ish, uncovered and basted for the...
  4. basso

so, i tried this: http://fdrealestate.com/viewrental.php?uucode=pinn.ma1&uokey=pinn.ma1&ryear=2014&dtbegin=&dtend=&price=&agentcode=pinn.ma1 and was a little disappointed. although the inside was nice and moist, if not quite meltingly so, the outside was overly crisp, almost charred, and...
  5. basso

so, the co-op had some pork belly today, and picked up a pound. it had the skin on, which they sliced off, but left in the package. so, i have a nice hunk of belly, and a slab of skin, and only a vague idea of what to do with it...anybody have any experience smoking/roasting/braising said belly?
  6. basso

Best Song Ever?

most of these are videos, not songs. best video, greatest ass(es) maybe, but with the possible exception of Bohemian Rhapsody, not really contenders. what makes a great song? a great tune, meaningful lyric, tremendous performance...and for a song to be considered as the GOAT, it must have...
  7. basso

Madame X pour le ForumX

La Corrida.
  8. basso

Madame X pour le ForumX

Cabrel et James Taylor dans La Fabrique.
  9. basso

Madame X pour le ForumX

10. basso

[Official] Styx

Equinox is their best, from Light Up, Lorelei all the way to Suite Madam Blue. I liked Grand illusion, and Styx II had Lady, but Equinox stands apart.