1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your predictions on the our first five games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_ball, Aug 4, 2007.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Member

I don't know...but I doubt it. That line up does not exactly strike fear in the hearts of the opposition. Mike Miller and Pau Gasol are the only players on that team that have proven anything in the NBA. Darko is still a scrub until proven otherwise. Rudy Gay is still very inconsistant at best until he proves otherwise. Kyle Lawry has done less than John Lucas III. Mike Conley and Juan Carlos Navarro are both just rookies.

There is some talent on that team but most of it is young and unproven. Plus, with what Lowry did last season I don't expect him to start ahead of Mike Conley.

Give that team a couple of years to let their youth grow and possibly add a couple of pieces in the future. But this year they lottery bound I think.

2. Daw204

Daw204 Member

I think alot of people are underestimating Kyle Lowery. I fully expect him to start ahead of Conley. I was hoping the Rockets would have gotten him with the Shane Battier/ Rudy Gay trade. He is strong and fearless in the paint. However, he could use a jumpshot. But he definitely did more than John Lucas III.

As for Juan Carlos Navarro, he is considered the best guard in Europe just as Luis Scola is considered the best big man from teh Euroleague. I expect him to make an impact just because he has been playing against quality competition for years.

Rudy Gay tore up the summer league and he's an athletic freak. I expect him to come to his own. But I agree with you that he is inconsistent. Their team is definitely not lottery bound with their quality of talent. They will be the darkhorse of the West this year like GS from last year

3. streetx613

streetx613 Member

4-1
    probably going to lose against san antonio, and maybe even dallas

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

Win
    Win
    Win
    Win
    Win

If things don't go really great, then a loss to the Mavs 'cause it's at Dallas. If they really have a lot of trouble getting used to new players and coach, then 3-2 at worst with a loss to Utah since that's away also.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Tough starting off the season with 3 veteran laden teams and 2 teams that will be starting off with chemistry issues but being the Rockets fan I will go with 5-0 start. The games with Utah, SA, and Dallas will be by 5 pts or less.

6. Sextuple Double

4-1 just for the hell of it.

7. RocksMillenium

Its early in the season so chemistry will be an issue. I think the Rockets will be looking for revenge against the Jazz though. And will be up for the Spurs.

8. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Hey we might go 5-0 because we have something to prove this season.

9. battousai

battousai Member

Don't know how really would we be for the first 5 games, but here are my predictions:

Oct 30 at Laker easy win.
    Nov 1 at Jazz lose, our new offense style should give them a little problem
    Nov 3 vs Portland win, no question.
    Nov 5 at Mavs lose, yeah we will, specially the mavs don't want a repeat of last season.
    Nov 6 vs Spurs win, they usually start slow and get in better shape toward the playoffs.

so we will be 3-2

10. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

No way we lose all 5 games!! :mad:

11. Dei

Dei Member

Yeah. Tracy gets too comfortable when they're playing at home.

12. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

2-3 im a diehard but i gotta call it like it will be

13. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

1 Lakers surely we will win in the national television
    2 Jazz we need to win to have a revenge
    3 Portland 3 straight wins for us they are too young for the Rockets
    4 Mavs lose, no comment
    5 Spurs lose again, no comment

so it is 3-2.. but of course this is the only first five games of the season.. the Rockets need improvements for the coaches and team chemistry..

14. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

3 - 2 lose to the Jazz and the Mavs on the road.

15. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

3-2, lose to Utah and SA

16. BallBoy

BallBoy Member

5 wins plus another one for Player of the Week to either Yao or T-Mac.