1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Your monthly] Xbox One or Playstation 4 Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 16, 2013.

?

Updated: Xbox One or Playstation 4?

1. Xbox One

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Playstation 4

59 vote(s)
    72.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

First things first, yes I realize this has been posted before. If you're interested in seeing the results of the previous polls (Which, I think trend similar to the real world. Initially extremely PS4 heavy, then a bit more Xbox friendly as of late) you can find them below:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=243505
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=244537

Disclaimer: We all like video games, why post in this thread if not? All of us like a game or two on one system that isn't on another. Let's keep it civil. I have allowed the option of both, since there are those of us who will get both.

With all that junk out of the way, we're about 1 month from release of the PS4 with the Xbox following a week or so later here in the US. Anyone's opinion change? Initially I was vehemently against a Xbox One (I've never owned a playstation, but previously owned a xbox and about 5 xbox 360s), and now I've warmed a bit. I'm in the few that have always liked the kinect. Was it great for games? No, (and in several cases it absolutely was Kinect Fruit Ninja, Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and a few others were incredible) but the gesture and voice controls (when they worked) have been amazing. I'm really impressed with Kinect 2, but I still feel the console is underpowered (compared to a ps4) after doing quite a bit of research. Especially for $100 more.

Microsoft nickles and dimes you every chance they can (this isn't even something you can dispute), and I've had too many poor experiences with their hardware. For that reason I'm buying a PS4. Could I possibly get a Xbox one in the future? I can't say no, I'm a Halo guy for life. (Titanfallllllll, yes I'll be playing on PC but it isn't the same) With that said, I don't trust MS from a privacy stand point either. Sony isn't an angel or perfect, but there's a lot of evidence from MS that they clearly don't care about that. What does everyone else think?

#1 seclusion, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I'm largely the same as you. I bought a Wii for very little years after it was released. I might buy an XBOX One when it's really cheap for the MS exclusives. However, since I prefer single-player games without all this next generation/media center/anti-privacy crap, I'll get a PS4.

I'm very traditional, and I don't care for an all-in-one machine. I simply want a quality gaming experience like SNES used to provide.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I actually really love all of Xbox's media features. I'll really miss that. With that said I'm looking forward to not having ads all over my home screen (PS4). I love my Wii U, I'm glad they're finally releasing some games for it. Nintendoland and Wind Waker HD are fantastic.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is there any place you can still pre-order PS4 or One?

5. YourSecretLover

I don't consider myself a fanboy, more of a casual/slight hardcare gamer. I won't get either consoles during launch(happy with my 360 and ps3 for now). Hopefully in 2 years, I'll probably end up with the PS4. Not really interested in the Xbone, they don't offer anything I like. Titanfall is the only exclusive( the other exclusives range from meh to bad)I'm somewhat interested in but I'll get it for my PC instead.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Www.nowinstock.net is your friend. That's how I got my PS4 (I set it to email me alerts and had it on refresh in my browser). I don't think there are any PS4s sadly, but Best Buy had day one Xboxs yesterday. Some other retailers offer with bundles I think. Amazon orders are backed up to 2014. (I have a Xbox One preordered from there but will likely cancel it. It was just to flip it anyway)

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm definitely going to miss the Xbox Live experience when playing on PC, but it's a hell of a lot better than not playing at all. Also my PC blows away a Xbox One.

#7 seclusion, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

PS4 Launch Edition, pre-ordered. Just waiting...

9. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

consiering ive been paying a **** ton of money combined the last few years from live.. and the fact that i had to but a new xbox 360 after mine died so many times microsoft stopedd replacing it... ya im def on board with playstation this time. Had i not been a scared away from the inital playstation 2 cost i wouldve saved at least 400$ probally more

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Xbox One. Getting it for everything it offers for media + gaming.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'm still sticking with xbox...as time goes on, Im more and more solidified in my position.

Xbox Fitness is the latest thing that has me jumping on board harder...being able to do Insanity or P90X while being critiqued and/or coached is pretty cool. Plus, it'll keep track of your reps, heart rate, etc...

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I beta tested Xbox Live...Xbox freaking live. Had been testing with them for years -- one of their beta patches broke my Xbox and they wouldn't help me at all! I tried 5 different avenues of approach including phone and their twitter support (who are actually fast and amazing usually, but apparently couldn't help me because it's a beta test area of MS?). I ended up paying out of pocket, and that's not even considering the other 3 I had randomly burn out. I've heard of issues with heat on playstations, but I also know a lot more people who have original ps3s and never had a problem. Seems like everyone I know has had at least one if not multiple RRoDs.

I just found out that that you can replace the HD on PS4 and you can't on a Xbox One. People are going to run up that 500GBs quickly.

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

To be fair, you can use an external HDD with Xbox One, which you can't on PS4 (at least for games), so it kind of evens out.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

from what i read, the best game is titanfall on xbox1 in terms of multiplayer

i don't have a spare $400-500 for another system. i'll wait like 5 years til it's cheap.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I still have the original XBox 360, though I did get it repaired once for E74.

Had to get my PS2 repaired once. Also had my PSX go out.

I've never had a Nintendo quit on me. NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/GBC/DS all still in working order.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When will Microsoft release a badass super slim version of the 360 for about $99?

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Never?

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is true, but personally I'm not a fan of running an external HD through USB 2.0 anyway. (I realize Xone has a 3.0 port, just referring to the PS4 side of things) I would rather not have to have another item drawing power right next to a large console that will likely be running hot as well. Just me personally anyway.

19. joesr

joesr Member

I will be getting both...eventually.

So I only voted for the one I am getting first, One

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Oops nm, read it wrong.