1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Houston Rockets The Real 2018 Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I brought this up to other boards and they said yeah we are a championship team who cant shoot **** :(:oops: 0-27 mostly wide opened.

2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Oh yeah that magical play that would have led to a 20-4 rockets run that GS never would have had a answer for. That was dictated by the league after they told the refs to make sure Harden shoots a million free throws a game to throw everyone off the scent.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

GS might not have an answer but Foster sure would. ;)

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to break the news to you
    We didn’t win the title

But you can win it on nba2k

Lurch likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont really hate it , not a fan of hating really(perhaps even unable of hating), in fact I ADORE NBA. I just have a strong sense of reality and am unable to think gsw is better than rockets(or Durant better than Harden) just because refs were calling it with a CLEAR bias at the momentum swinging moments...

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in basketball reality of skill and grind we did win it, we proved we are better even with cp3 down for all of the true basketball minds and enthusiast (and thats only that really matters) ...for me it was kinda like when westbrook was awarded MVP and Harden was a more valuable player and it wasnt even close

only in the set up Holywood world of NBA WWE Show we didnt win and its ok, still fun to watch Curb Your enthusiasm even if Larry gets roasted 80% of the time.

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

FIFY. The Rockets get to know that trophy is in someone else's home. The question is now what do the Rockets do about it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

No, we're not. This is some #NotMyPresident level delusion

Lurch likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

okay and the flipside however, is that gs didn't win the title either. it was gifted to them

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ppl are delusional if they think refs accidentally made 22 points mistakes and the refs interference accidentally happened just when the worriers were on the ropes, the crowd was into it and gsw about to go down 30 points at the halftime

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imagine if i send a couple of slick robbers now to get it from the oracle and bring it to houston?
    If they succeed would it it mean houston won it then?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would mean a lucrative deal on Craigs List but in the official NBA history, GSW's title is already etched in stone.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont care about the official history.. alt history is always more true in all areas of human endeavor...court historians are not interested in the truth, they are like biased members of the media voting westbrook into MVP... an informed fan of basketball is not impressed and he knows who is the real MVP

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets are not you and other fans. I bet they want the title to be earned and verified by the league and everyone else. That's NBA life for them.

That's why they stand up every season and put themselves through that turmoil again and again. That and the contract.

#TruthBomb

justtxyank likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Their fans don't care

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Mostly the contract.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For the stars, championship and Finals reputation is still important.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Of course, but if you took away the money they'd do something else. If you took away the championship but still gave them the money, they'd still show up to play.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hakeem94 is asking for a championship for the Rockets, whom he thinks won the whole thing.

I can understand it but it's not possible. Other than a charity mention. We didn't even win WC trophy. That's harsh.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

their fans are the stromile swifts of basketball fandom