1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Houston Rockets The Real 2018 Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Member

glad i could help now get with the program or get out

2. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

......................this is nice i guess

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I thought this thread was about the Rockets being better than the Warriors. Which they are.

Are we still complaining about the refs?!?

Get over it. Make 25% of your 3's and we win.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I agree 100%. *** the Warriors and their sketchy cheatin a$$ refs.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

tell it to @ipaman ;)

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

I see your point, but everyone deals with losses in their own way. There's nothing wrong with saying the refereeing sucked if it did. If it was just one play that's one thing, but this was several hose jobs one way and automatic gifts the other. The way the two last games were called influenced the outcome of the series no doubt.

Anyway, the cyberx thread is way more exciting.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HOU in fact made 39% of their 3's in game 6. this was the game they were leading by 17 after the 1st Q, and then mauer & malloy went apeshit with bs calls against them. harden got zero FT attempts in the second half of this game, despite driving to the basket and getting fouled over and over and over again.

HOU also made 35% of their 3's in game 1. this was the foster brothers game where ariza was called for his 5th bs foul a couple of minutes into the 3rd Q, and then durant suddenly got hot.

so we can see that draining 3's at a decent clip is not necessarily a formula for overcoming the referees' control of a game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I always assume the refs are against the Rockets
    I mean, they let Utah and San Antonio makes plays after the buzzer in the 90s..

I'm not got to pretend the Rockets won the title.
    i'm not going to pretend we didn't get out coached by not making any adjustments for two winnable games.

9. don grahamleone

We had the formula to win, but an injury occurred to our second best player. That's not being out coached in my opinion. You don't fire a head coach or even an assistant over that. It was just bad luck.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Adam Silver, after the Rockets announce their official 2018 championship parade.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I don't think we should fire out our coach.

Yes, I know we were missing Chris Paul, but you can pretend the coaching was good, it wasn't.

Golden State goes on a massive run, no time out called.

PJ Tucker finally hits a 3, Kerr calls a timeout.

When the entire bar of Rockets fans in Houston, Houston proper, the inner loop, is screaming for a timeout..

yeah

the offense got extremely predictable , yes no Chris Paul, but Harden ISO on every play?

easy to figure out.

But that's the way me and 30 people saw it..

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We won last Monday night end of story. I won't bother to relist the reasons in the post below yours. At least a 22 point swing is more than didn't help. Go tell me which games you win with the refs giving that to the other team. At least they could put on the right uniform. Players are human beings, you think you could play an entire championship game knowing you had no shot to win and would get fouled every time in the paint while the other team smiled because they knew it too. The Rockets have nothing left to prove. The Warriors received a championship that belonged to the Rockets. That can happen again. We were 0-6 against Foster this year. Didn't matter who we played. Explain that one. We can go back over the years if you want and find the same results. 2005 playoffs Game 3 Foster, Game 5 Brothers. https://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-05-playoff-series-fixed-disgraced-1590928.php It happened before, it happened again, it will keep happening until we do something about it. Look at Marley's quote after the game. He knows.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

This is me right now. I was furious at the lack of balanced officiating and felt it had a huge effort on the final score, but its in the past now and nothing can change that. Time to move on and hope that last season's success was more of a sign of things to come versus a flash in the pan.

tinman likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are very naive if you think more bad calls wouldnt follow immediately after we hit those additional 3s...

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Bad calls against the Rockets
    is like saying it's hot in Houston

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch

Remember this one leader??

17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

If that game 7 still bothers you, it’s time to look at where your life is going.

I was over it in like 1 minute after the final buzzer.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

So you look back and blame D'Antoni, we look back and blame the refs but you're the one that's moved on because of timeouts? Okay, if you say so.

You're a good fan of the Rockets, but you're not superior. You just have a different way to look at it and that's great. It's the same way I feel about hollic. It's just that your ego isn't nearly as inflated as his about 'knowing' things. You don't know anything though, you just present like you think your opinion is knowledge.

Good point on the history of Houston calls. There's a pattern we have to overcome to get where we want to go! Onward and upward.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I , the Rockets fans at the bar, the national media , and buddies of mine who are Lakers fans called out D Antoni for not calling a time out on a massive run

But you can pretend it’s only me who through D Antoni was weak in the last two games

Random dude on the internet saw the same game I saw

#59 tinman, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

So our choices would be to boycott the league or to continue supporting the Rockets.

I wonder if we could be calling out the refs if we make four more threes and win Game 7.

On the other hand, I certainly felt something strange in the way Games 4&5 were officiated in our favour. There were many calls that didn't go GSW's way in our wins