1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Houston Rockets The Real 2018 Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dat broke back assassin.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. airflights92

airflights92 Member

Hey, you guys think we're going to get Lebron?

4. ipaman

ipaman Member

I don't like to get personal but you're too stupid to realize they don't take 27 3's if they weren't getting mugged in the paint and not getting the calls. So take your 0 for 27 and GTFO because of idiots like you the tragic truth about "playoff level basketball" gets lost with unrelated narratives. NBA Playoff basketball and referees are at best a joke and at worst corrupt. That's the truth.

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just to add to this, donkey and their other bigs have been allowed to camp in the paint all playoffs. jvg even highlighted this on wednesday night saying it's part of GS strategy because they know the refs won't call defensive 3 seconds on them anyways..

hakeem94 and bulkatron like this.
  6. don grahamleone

Does that include that 3 Harden hit that got waved off mysteriously?

Houstunna, hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  7. don grahamleone

Ha, I wonder how many time people have wanted you to move on from the past?

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

The narrative that the Rockets were "getting mugged in the paint and not getting the calls", leading to them taking all those 3ptrs is a joke. All the summaries and that youtube video only complained about Gordon getting hammered and no-call. That was what, mid-3rd quarter? Probably halfway thru the 0-27? Rockets were up at that point, with 18 minutes left IN THE GAME, so to blame the refs for the loss is laughable.

Rockets also missed at least 5 WIDE OPEN 3ptrs during the stretch.

Going to blame that on the refs too? Too dizzy after getting hammered on those drives, right?

Cuongzilla likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Member

Moving screens and 3 secs almost never get called against Kerr and his cheaters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm quick question, not going to discuss post in this thread any further after this but are you a warriors fan?

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

greetings, new member from oakland. i want to thank you for introducing Half Court Hoops to our forum. this interesting tweet was posted there during game 7 between our teams:

hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

PJ and EG's 3s were the only ones that were open. Ariza's is definitely not. and on GG's 3 pt attempt, it was originally closed out hard by Young. GG had to reset, dribble, and shoot off balance. you can even tell by his feet and how they're set incorrectly. but im sure you didn't know that and you believe a screen shot tells the entire story

HP3 likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

my admiration for history is not making excuses for failures of the past

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I prefer not to be delusional or a sore loser. The golden state warriors are the 2018 nba champions.

We couldve won if not for bad injury luck, bad 3 pt shooting, and some questionable officiating but it is what it is.

16. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

Oh I agree there were some brutal calls against the Rockets. The Harden 3ptr being waived off, Gordon getting hammered were examples. Just saying Rockets still had a chance being up with 18 mins left.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

did you just call me stupid? I don't really know how to read, so if you could spell that out for me, I'd appreciate it. thanks for the help. I need it.

Daddy Long Legs and ipaman like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

actually I just reread this, and I see now that what you were REALLY calling me is an idiot. thanks for the info. That's helpful. All my life I was wondering about that, and now I know. you're the best. xoxo

ipaman likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo from what i saw, scott foster was not going to allow GS to lose under any circumstance. and just to touch on the brutal calls against the rockets, that treatment was also present in games 1, 2, 3, and 6 of this series as well. brutal calls against GS opponents have been a recurring theme. game 2 of the warriors-pelicans series was in particular egregiously brutal, with davis and holiday receiving zero freethrow attempts despite attempting 48 shots, mostly in the paint. every year we hear the same excuses about poor officiating, and every year it's the league's money team always on the "lucky" side of those "missed" calls.

juanm34 likes this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

22 point ref job. You can point to the atrocious shooting and still look at the historically bad refereeing.

jcf likes this.