1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yi wants out!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bratna8, Jun 28, 2007.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Do we have any pieces to trade Milwaukee for this guy?

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

LOL I had flashbacks of Steve Francis back in the day.

Let's rob these guys straight up. Where is Michael Dickerson when you need him? :D

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I want him (YJL) on our team!!!! Let's draft Sun Yue or JJ while we're at it. =X

4. thedsz

thedsz Member

Lol don't the Bucks have an exactly similar player in Charlie V, who has actually more offensively polished than Yi? How will Yi be a critical piece of the puzzle for Mil?

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

its not about basketball, its about money.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

while we're still dreaming, i'd like a threesome with jessica alba and a Huffy girls bicycle.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What do you mean he wants out? What happened?

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Hell, Alba by herself is enough for me! ;)

9. CharlieMurphy

Milwaukee was not on the approved list by his Chinese agents. They wanted him to go a city with a high Asian population.

10. daRox

daRox Member

if we somehow rob Yi Jianlian from the Bucks, I'll wear the same underwear for 1 year

11. thedsz

thedsz Member

Yi will never come to the Rox. The last thing he wants is to get confused with or get shadowed by Yao.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How about going commando instead?

13. daRox

daRox Member

;) kidding aside, we really need an athletic 4 :(

14. thedsz

thedsz Member

I don't get why people keep saying Yi wants to goto a city with high Asian population. What's that going to do anyways? Asians are not known to really get into sports anyways. It's not like Yao gave the Rox a sellout crowd every game. Yi's agents wants him to goto a big city for marketing. That's why Atlanta was one of their targets despite the it has virtually no asian population. But what's more important for him imo is to goto a city lacking a bigman and will be willing to develop him. Now Bucks makes no sense. There's nothing Yi can do that Charlie V can't.

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yi really didn't look like he wanted the Bucks to draft him. He looked pissed more than he was ecstatic. Not a great fit for him, they have Villenueva so does he get any playing time and is there even a Chinatown in Milwaukee?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's racist.

17. SmitingPurpleEm

Don't underestimate the effect that Big Money, in the form of Nike and their appointed agent, Dan Fegan, had on Yi's drafting strategy. They know that Yi is quite marketable, and they want to capitalize on that.

Sure the CBA is involved, but they care more about getting Yi in a good situation playing wise (which Milwaukee also isn't, because they have Bogut, Charlie V, and other frontcourt guys taking his time). I remember last year word slipped that the CBA wanted the team that drafts him to guarantee him at least 10 mpg PT.

18. CharlieMurphy

IMO, Yi is gonna stay in Milwaukee. The CBA is gonna have to suck it up and just accept that.

19. SmitingPurpleEm

Didn't you read what I just posted? NIKE will have to suck it up and accept that. The CBA will accept it and pressure Milwaukee to give him more PT, b/c that's what they want, they want a better Yi to come out of the NBA and the only way to get that is by playing time. NIKE is the one seeing money go down the drain. The CBA obviously cares a bit too, but that's a secondary concern to Yi's development as a player.

There is no reason to blame everything on the CBA when Nike/Dan Fegan has a huge hand in this.

20. CharlieMurphy

Dude calm down. I'm not trying to blame anything on the CBA. I'm just repeating what's being said on ESPN.