1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's post in his BBS after today's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by syin1, Dec 7, 2003.

1. syin1

syin1 Member

What a humble pupil and what an intelligent teacher!!

½ñÌìÎÒÆäʵÊdzٵ½µÄ£¬´ó¸ÅÍíµ½ÁË°ëСʱ¡£Çò¶ÓÒªÇóÎåµãËÄÊ®Îå·ÖÔÚѵÁ·³¡¼¯ºÏ£¬ÎÒËĵãÀ뿪¼Ò£¬ÁùµãÊ®Îå²Åµ½¡£Èû³µº¦ÁËÎÒ¡£µ±Îҷɱ¼½øÈëѵÁ·³¡µÄʱºò£¨ÆäʵÄÇÊÇ·´ÕýÊdzٵ½ÁË£¬ÅܽøÈ¥Ö»ÊÇÏë¸ø½ÌÁ·ÉÔ΢ÁôÒ»µãºÃÓ¡Ï󣩡£¾Í¿´¼ûjeff°åןöÁ³£¬ÏñûÓп´¼ûÎÒÒ»Ñù¡£ËµÊµ»°ÎÒµ±Ê±Ìرðµ£ÐÄʧȥÏÈ·¢Î»Öã¬ÒòΪÎÒûÓвμÓÈüÇ°µÄ²¼Ö㬲»Á˽â¶ÔÊÖ×îеÄÇé¿ö¡£¼±¼±Ã¦Ã¦×öÍê×¼±¸»î¶¯£¬ÓÈÒò°ïÎÒ²¹Á˿Σ¬ÎÒ¾ÍÈ¥ÖÎÁÆÊÒÔú±Á´ø¡£Ò»°ëµÄʱºòÀÏ´óÀ´½ÐÎÒ˵jeffÔڰ칫ÊÒÀï½ÐÎÒ¡£ÎÒÒ»ÌýÂíÉϾÍÅܹýÈ¥ÁË¡£jeff˵£ºÄãÖªµÀ½ñÍíµÄ´ò·¨Âð£¿ÎÒ˵£º»ù±¾É϶¼ÖªµÀÁË£¬ÓÈÒò¸æËßÎÒÁË¡£ËûΪÁ˿϶¨£¬Ò»¸öÒ»¸öÖظ´ËµÁËÒ»±é¡£½Ó×Å˵£ºÎÒÖªµÀÄãΪʲôÍíµ½£¬µ«Ò»ÇйýÈ¥ÁË£¬ÏÖÔÚÒª±ÈÈüÁË£¬´ÓÏÖÔÚ¿ªÊ¼ÎÒÒªÄã°Ù·ÖÖ®°ÙµÃȥ˼¿¼±ÈÈü£¬ºÃÂ𣿸÷룬Äã˵ÎÒÄÜ˵²»ºÃÂ𣿻ֿ̻̿ÖÀ뿪Á˰칫Êһص½ÁËÇòÔ±ÐÝÏ¢ÊÒ¡£¹ýÁËÒ»»á¿ª×îºóµÄÈüÇ°»áÒ飬սÊõ²¼ÖýáÊøºóËû˵£º´ó¼Ò¶¼ÖªµÀyao½ñÌì³Ùµ½ÁË£¬ËùÒÔ½ñÌìËûÇ·´ó¼ÒÒ»³¡ºÜºÃµÄ±ÈÈü£¬ÄãÃ÷°×Âðyao?ÄãÒª´ò³öÒ»³¡ºÜºÃµÄ±ÈÈü»¹¸ø´ó¼Ò¡£ÎÒµ±Ê±²»ÖªÔõôµÄ£¬Í»È»¾õµÃûÓÐʲô¿ÉÒÔ˼ǰÏëºóµÄÁË£¬Æ´°É£¡£¡£¡ºóÃæµÄ´ó¼Ò¶¼¿´µ½ÁË£¬ÎÒÏëÕâ¸ö¹ÊÊÂÒ»µãÒ²²»ÑÇÓÚ½ÓÏÂÀ´µÄ±ÈÈü°É¡£

Today I was actually late for about half an hour. The team required everybody assembly on the training court at 5:45 P.M.. I left home at 4:00 P.M. and arrived there at 6:15 P.M.. What an unexpected terrible traffic today! Anyway I was late and I ran swiftly onto the court to impress Jeff a little bit. Coach pretended not seeing me with a poke face. To be honest I was afraid I would not be in the start line-up, because I didn't practise the game plan and knew little about the opponent's update. I did my preparation job in a hurry and Pat helped me with makeup practice. Later on Steve came to tell me that Jeff wanted to see me in his office and I ran over there immediately. Jeff asked me if I knew how to play tonight and I replied that I knew it in all from Pat. To make sure I got it, he repeated one strategy after another. Then he said, "I know why you are late but it's past, the match is coming and I want you put 100% effort to think of the game, all right?" Oh, my friends, how dare I say no to him? I returned to the sitting room, still with guilty. At the last meeting before the game, after the plan assembly, " All you guys knew yao is late today, so he owes everybody a good game, do you understand that you need to play a great game to payback to everybody, yao?" he said. At that moment I felt I shouldn't think anything other than the game. I wanted to play dirt and mean!!! All you saw the following things and I think this story is no worse than the game itself.

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

nice!! dirt and mean he is learning

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

if this is how things work, i expect griffin to put up monster 30/20/7 numbers when he gets back :D

4. ttstk123

ttstk123 Member

Good stuff. Thanks for the translation!

5. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

6. syin1

syin1 Member

still so many people as it's this late?!!:rolleyes:

7. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I am thankful we have Chinese posters here. Come to think of it, words from Yao is more truthful of the goings on in Rockets; certainly a lot better than ballboy source

:p

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

haha good game yao

9. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Another Rocket Fan that appreciates our Chinese Brothers for the Translation.

10. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

Kick Yao's a$$:D

11. pcheung

pcheung Member

If guilty motivation = 20/20, then hide his keys, deflate a tire, make him late to every shootaround.

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

good post and translation.

13. win2k

win2k Member

haha .

Jeff is awesome! :)

14. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Yeah!!! :D

15. ty185

ty185 Member

btw, anyone noticed what yao called SF? that seems such a nice respect there. :)

wondering how to translate that to english though... some francise bashers sooooo should see this.

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

syin1,

Very good translation. But I don't think you should modify Yao's word a bit to please the posters here.:D

The DIRECT word from YAO is "I should just go out there, lay out everything I get". It's a little differrent from "I wanted to play dirt and mean";)

--daoshi

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

He and other Chinese players have been calling Francis 1st/#1, Mobley 2nd/#2 ever since the Rockets drafted him.:D That's very common within bball community.

I wonder what he'd call himself now.:D

--daoshi

18. ttstk123

ttstk123 Member

big boss? team leader??

19. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

From game recap on nba.com

"Yao was a little late getting here, so I pulled him aside and told him that he was going to have to do a little bit more," Rockets forward Maurice Taylor said. "I told him to go out there and give me 13 (points) and 20 (rebounds). I think he kind of went out there and did a little bit more than that."

Ooo.. Motay thinks he deserves the credit

20. syin1

syin1 Member

formally it should be "exert the utmost strength", but you know what, too much bxxxing and fxxxing in this forum, and I only want to make here a little more peaceful with a little sweet candy:)

I'll get another thread about reducing bashing things, though:cool: