1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: who is the real opponent?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by syin1, Apr 15, 2004.

1. syin1

syin1 Member

Do another casual translation from Yao's post:

µ±È»ÏÖÔÚÒѾ_³öÀ´ÁË£¬ÊǺþÈË¡£ÄãÒªÔÚ×òÌìÎÊÎÒµÚÒ»ÂÖÏë´òË_£¿ÎÒ»á˵¹úÍõ¡£¾Í³å×Ų»ÓúͰÂÄá¶ûËÀ¿¸ÎÒÒ²»áÑ¡¹úÍõ¡£¿Éϧ£¬ÏÖÔÚÎÒÃÇÖ»Óиø±ðÈËÌôµÄ·Ý¡£ÕâÖÖʱºò×Ü»áÓÐһЩÏë·¨£¬¸Õ²Å¾ÍÏëÆðÁË×îºóÒ»ÄêÔÚCBA£¬µÚÒ»ÂÖÎÒÃÇ¿´¼û°ËÒ»ÊäÁ˵ÚÒ»³¡£¬¾ÍÏ£ÍûËûÃǵÚÒ»ÂÖ±»ÌÔÌ_¡£µ«ÊÇ×îºó»¹ÊÇÃæ¶ÔÁË°ËÒ»¶Ó¡£¾ÍÏñÔÚCBA¶á¹Ú×îºóÒªÃæ¶Ô°ËÒ»Ò»Ñù£¬ÔÚNBAÄãÒªÔÚÎ÷²¿×ßµÃԶһЩ£¨ÎÒÃǹÃÇÒ²»Ëµ¶á¹Ú£©£¬×ÜÊÇ»áÅöµ½ºþÈË»òÕßÂí´Ì»¹ÊÇÆäËûÇ¿¶Ó¡£ÎÒÏëÒ»Ö»Ïë¶á¹ÚµÄÇò¶ÓÊDz»»á½éÒâ×Ô¼ºµÄ¶ÔÊÖÊÇË_µÄ£¬ÒòΪËûÃǵÄÄ¿±êÊÇ°ÑÿһֻÇò¶Ó¶¼²ÈÔÚ½ÅÏ¡£ÎÒÏëÓÐÒ»ÌìÎÒÃÇÒ²»áÊÇÕâÑùµÄ¡£

Now of course you all know who it is: the lakers. If you had asked me who I would like it to be yesterday, I would have said "The Kings". I would have said so even for the sole reason that I don't have to dogfight Shaq, but now we can't choose the opponent but be chosen by others. Our current situation reminds me of my last year in CBA. When the "8.1" team lost its first game in the first round, I had hoped that they could be eliminated right away, but finally my team was still confronted with 8.1. Just like to win the championship in CBA we had to fight against 8.1, here for us to go further (not to say win the first place) in the west conference, we will inevitably meet the lakers, the spurs or some other competitive team. It's my belief that a would-be championship winner would not mind who the component is going to be, because its goal is to defeat each and every team that challenges it. I believe we'll be such a team some day.

2. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

man he can moan. Sound like he's his own biggest opponent.

You ever wonder if he didnt analyse his game so much and just played he would be better. i mean mean, just play in the moment instead of thinking about playing.

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

What ever happened to Shaq being "a mountain in my way?" :rolleyes:

We're not going to beat the Lakers if Yao doesn't believe he can slow Shaq down. Come on, Yao. I'm not asking you to win the series. I'm asking you to step up to the challenge. It sounds like you're giving up before you start.

4. klkl96

klkl96 Member

I was disapointed at his words when I saw them earlier in his official website. Maybe JVG is right. Yao's biggest problem is not his fatigue. People always say Yao is excited when facing Shaq, but see what he is talking about now! :(

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yao's biggest problem is the refs blowing the whistle twice in the first 5 minutes of the game Saturday when Lake show throws the rock into Shaq and Shaq bangs away against Yao and gets the foul against him. 2 fouls, 1st five minutes. Have a seat on the bench big fella.

And the Rockets go down by 20 in the 1st half. Board will be full of complaints about Yao not living up to his billing, being soft, second coming of Rick Smits or Shawn Bradley, yadayadayada.

I'm not a prophet and sure don't want to be right on this one, but I would be willing to bet a couple Ben Franklins that is what goes down Saturday.

It's our first smell of the playoffs. We are gonna get hosed by the refs. Count on it.

6. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I have looked all over google for his website the best i get is something made by upperdeck cards, i dont think that is it. Anyone have the link? Thanks in advanced

7. qrui

qrui Member

i wouldn't worry about it too much. afterall yao is a chinese, the people are thinking differently from the americans. for example, if you know you have 60% chance of winning, being a chinese you'd SAY 40%, but an american 100%.
    remember at the begining of last season yao said shaq was a mountain he needed to concur, at the end of last season, he said something like he might never be able to concur that mountain? did he say anything else? look at what happened this season, he challenged shaq and edged him, except for the last meeting. did he trash talk shaq after he outplayed shaq in game 2 and 3. no, that's not him.

8. uac

uac Contributing Member

Yao think too much.

He need free himself first. Enjoy the game.

9. uac

uac Contributing Member

10. PhiSlammaJamma

You'all are reading into the beginning of his story. Not the end.
    That quote is totally postive. He is talking about overcoming the mountain. The end of his story is saying we will win.

11. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Even though I'm not chinese, I agree with this. It's not only chinese people, but I think it's like that for asians in general.

We tend to be more humble with our words and play down things even though we don't feel that way exactly. We are not very confrontational people in general.

12. cyro

cyro Member

Yao is being very positive with his post here, if you can read Chinese.

Something is definitely "lost in tranlation"

13. Nautic

Nautic Member

"It's my belief that a would-be championship winner would not mind who the component is going to be, because its goal is to defeat each and every team that challenges it. I believe we'll be such a team some day."

What is so negative from this statement???

14. miamiflorida

miamiflorida Member

Please, everybody read this carefully:

"It's my belief that a would-be championship winner would not mind who the component is going to be, because its goal is to defeat each and every team that challenges it. I believe we'll be such a team some day."

It is modest way of saying: we entertain the hope to win the championship. We don't mind who our opponents are, we will beat them eventually.

Do you guys know why Michealle Kuan lost her Olympic golden medal again two years ago? Do you guys know why she no longer says in public that she will not stop until she get an Olympic golden medel?

Chinese would rather have an invisible strength to urge themselves than loud words to carry as burden. Those burdens had tipped Michealle Kuan off her balance on ice.

For Americans, you will shout and yell, "we will beat them, we will win, and we will triumph." Because you don't have the burden to prove your words true.

;)