1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao mentioned on Conan!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SirCharlesFan, Dec 13, 2002.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Conan O'Brien was just doing these joke SAT Prep questions and one about Yao came up.

It was:

Yao Ming:Basketball Sensation from China::Bill Clinton:Burning sensation from Thailand.

:D

2. limited_few

limited_few Member

Man I swear Conan is freakin hilarious! Its too bad he comes on so late. He is my favorite late night host.:D

3. derrock

derrock Member

I hope one day, Yao and Triumph (the puppet dog) team up to do a little comedy together:

"Shaquille O'Neal has a great game....for me to POOOOP on"

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

God I love Conan...

Wouldn't it be sweet if Yao was eventually invited to be on the show? I shiver to think of all the jokes that nutty Irishman could come up with. :D

5. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

limited,.... whatsup yall , i live in austin, im from houston, but i go UT, but anyway, here in austin last nights conan is shown at 7pm the next day on comedy central for more peeps to see, im not sure if this is the case in houston but you might wanna check , lata

6. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

i forgot to mention something ...... "in the year 2000000000000.....in the year 2000000000000 (high voice) haha i love conan he the best cause he keeps it real, lata

7. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Member

yao mentioned (kinda) on......conan o'brien

After being mentioned on Law and Order a couple of days ago, last night he was mentioned on Late Night waith Conan O'Brien show. It was in his SAT analogies, it was:

Yao Ming is to Basketball senstation from China
    as
    Bill Clinton is to burning sensation from Taiwan.

PS: Is Conan still on @ 3 AM in Houston?

8. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Is someone going to update us everytime someone in the world mentions Yao Ming.

9. Lil

Lil Member

no biggie but just to clarify:

Thailand (formerly known as Siam):
    Capital: Bangkok
    Location: Southeast Asia, next to Burma along the Bay of Bengal
    Language: Thai
    Famous foods: various curries, pad thai
    Notable features: beautiful beaches, nice pagodas, lively (though HIV-filled) prostitution industry, terrible and confusing portrayal by Chow Yun-Fat in "The King and I".

Taiwan (formerly known as Formosa, or in international sports as Chinese Taipei):
    Capital: Taipei
    Language: Chinese, Taiwanese
    Famous foods: traditional Chinese, Japanese cuisine
    Notable features: Palace Museum (greatest collection of Chinese art in the world), home of the most politically sensitive citizenry in the world, and the most likely cause of World War III

Hey, lots of people make the same mistake.

It just seems a bit more likely that Clinton got his burning sensation from Thailand, that's all... :D

10. prettyben

prettyben Member

anyone can tell me what is the meaning of the joke?

thanks !

-a new Rocket fan with poor English

11. davidwu

davidwu Member

"burning sensation" means, most likely, gonorrhea from hot chicks in Thailand. But i don't get why Clinton either. I only know the cigar story, :D

12. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Member

My bad.

I never knew that you were such an std expert.

13. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Member

Okay, normally when you are about to leave high school for college, they make you take this test called the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) so they can tell how smart you are when you go to apply for college. Some of the most famous questions on that test are the ones where they do analogies, like "night is to day as ________ is to slow" and you have to fill in the blank. The answer to this one would be "fast" because night is the opposite of day and the opposite of slow is fast. He's just saying "Yao Ming is to Basketball sensation from China as (former president) Bill Clinton is to burning sensation from Taiwan." It's really just a joke about president Clinton, but he used Yao in it because it made the joke work better.

14. feishen

feishen Member

Wow, what the heck is formasa? Gee, what an interest view of Taiwan.

15. xcharged

xcharged Member

16. RocketFan4ever

They are now reairing each show the next day on Comedy Central I think at 7 pm cst??

17. prettyben

prettyben Member

HI, davidwu & DallasThomas,

Thanks very much for your kindful and detailed explanation.
    I really love this place now.

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Taiwan'S sex industry is bigger than Thailand! Just that thai whores are cheaper because of economics reason. Been there, Done THAT! Taiwan is the place for goodlooking WHORES!

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Thailand's notorious underage prostitution industry is well known in the filthy businessman circles...

20. Woofer

Woofer Member

The prostitution/skin trade is covered also in the well known tourist guides. I don't know about underage but most of the girls I saw in strip joints there were not that young, some were young looking but that's about it. I think one perception is that because most of the women are tiny in proportion to western women (for whatever reason) to think of them as being younger.