1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao injured ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, May 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Member

i think we need to wait before declaring him out...the fact that he's walking on it is encouraging. It could just be tweak of the ankle, or maybe he got hit again int he same area on the knee, when you get hit on a previous bruise like that, it can sting for a while, but that's all..

2. Codman

Codman Member

I don't sense the sarcasm, so I think you really mean this.

If so, please never post again. Are you kidding me?

3. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

:D You mean we can win champion without Yao?
    Oh,Chuck can be Dream in your opionion? :eek:

4. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

we can't beat lakers,they are good.i hope we put in dorsy and cook foul hard on kobe and gasol,let them sit the rest games..

5. MandM's

MandM's Member

Rockets overplayed him all season and now we will pay for it.

6. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Member

that looked like a foot problem to me, hope i am wrong...

7. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

His body language certainly was worrisome. You could read him wanting to stay out there two ways ... he is a warrior .... or he knows it's bad and has a feeling he won't be able to go in the next game.

If it's the knee, they can't drain it if they want to use him for any future games.

8. vvvchieftan

vvvchieftan New Member

What kind of crap is this? Yao has the heart. He didn't want to get out of the game and he wanted his teamates fight with him to the end.

HE IS THE MAN!

Hopefully he will be back on Sunday.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope he can finish the post season. Even if we could get past the lakes and past the WCFs--I just don't know if he could take the pounding in the Finals....or heck even the WCFs.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It's the ankle, not the knee.....adelman--press conf.

11. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Yao's injured mainly because of Rick Adel-idiot's substitution pattern. Why in the hell does he play the guy the ENTIRE 1st quarter and sometimes part of the 2nd quarter before subbing him out? Then he does the exact same **** in the 2nd half. Anyone with at least half a brain knows that he should take Yao out with about 3-4min left in the 1st quarter and bring him back in with about 7-8min to go in the 2nd and repeat in the same pattern in the 2nd half. To top it off he plays nearly all of his minutes with AB who is an anti-playmaker/ turnover machine. :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

No, but shortfuse3 thought so. Just do a quick search in the game thread and you'll see what I mean.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

The one that was said to be sore before the series started?

14. Tuan

Tuan Member

Wow...this is scary!!

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

adelman did not specify..........

Maybe Yao will answer this........

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

brooks is one of the reasons we're "better" this year. he's averaging 16ppg on 44% fg. i'd take that over anything rafer did the past fwe playoffs. stop blaming a guy who's only in his freakin' 2nd year.

and yao's your best player. every coach expects their star to be able to handle more minutes in the playoffs.

17. ibm

ibm Member

waiting for the word.

but i have a VERY bad feeling about this......

fingers crossed.

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If Yao can still play with this injury, let him play. But if we lose next game, call it a series and shut him down to make sure he doesn't mess it up even more.

We're going to need him in order to make a push next year and we shouldn't risk even further injury.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

at worse, i hope he just misses a game, and it's nothing serious that requires surgery. i want him to finish this playoffs at least, win or lose. you never want to get injured DURING the playoffs. that has to be the worst feeling ever.

20. solid

solid Member

I am not sure Yao has been fully healthy throughout the playoffs, he has had only a couple of really good games. He has looked slower than usual since the playoffs started. He also looks very lethargic, like he is exhausted. For someone his size 82 games is likely way too much. We fans get on him for his apparent lack of passion and aggressiveness, but you can only make your body do so much.