1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Haters Unite

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, May 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

All right I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to really like Ming. I think he's an OK player but I will be honest, I'm not completely sold to this guy. As an Asian living in Asia (Indonesia) I've actually had the privelage to see some of their games via China town satellite. The boy is good but he'll definitely definitely need a Dictator as a coach. I really don't see him fitting into Rudy style coaching to be honest. Maybe the big man work outs but aything besides that I think might be difficult. I want a sure thing this coming year. I also wan to see a huge impact to this team being made this summer. An impact that'll help us win. I hate slapping musquito's instead ofwatching the rockets in the play offs.

2. LEWIS LLOYD2

LEWIS LLOYD2 Member

Now I get it, I had to read a few posts to see what is going on here.

1. If you dislike Ming as a pick you are ignorant and a racist
    2. If you even use the word Asian or Chinese in any of your posts about Ming you are a racist and ignorant.
    3. If you dont agree with what other posters opinions you are ignorant, racist and or a punk.
    4. The moderators can call you names yet you are the one who is ignorant racist or a punk.

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

5'11" Chinese dunker? How tall is the rim?

4. carlos

carlos Member

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I do not want the Rocks to pick Yao because I am not convinced that he has top pick talent and because of all the BS associated with the Chinese government. Those being said I do think he can be a contributing player in the NBA and I would certainly take him with the 15th pick. Hopefully the Rcokets will assess the matter as dispassionately as possible and make an informed opinion. I doubt there is a single BBS member that has enough knowledge about Yao and his special situation who could provide a convincing arguement on whether to take him or not. That is what worries me about taking him, the lack of knowledge. However that cuts both ways, as I do not have enough information to say that he will not be a stud all-star player.

Only one thing is certain, draft day should be pretty damn exciting.

5. RIET

RIET Member

That alone shows how ignorant your comments are.

Yes Im sure the CBA may not have the most athlethic players on earth but this comment is ridiculous.

I doubt you can assemble a large number of players that can compete in the World Championships, the Olympics, or other International competition.

I would venture to say that most foreign players on the professional level in their respective league play better fundamental basketball (shooting, passing, etc.) than 99.99% of HS kids, the majority of whom will not even play division 1 basketball.

Face it, no matter how you spin this, you have a personal hatred (which is ignorant considering you've never met him) for Yao Ming.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if you are this unhappy then you should consider not posting anymore. if you want to post, post something about roster moves.

7. RIET

RIET Member

What an appropriate comment by someone named LewisLloyd2...

patterned after that cokehead himself, you would expect nothing less than ignorance and an IQ of 20.

You can score a 400 on your SAT if you just sign your name..... hint hint

8. RocksMillenium

I guess if you ignore the fact that the title of your thread is "Yao haters unite" you would be correct.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Guys, if I'm not mistaken, "LEWIS LLOYD 2" is really the old BBS troll, Mantronix.

He was before my time, but from what I have been told, he was a doozy of a troll...right up there with Rainey and Caveman.

I would suggest ignoring him (although it's tough because I have responded to him today) until he is banned which hopefully won't be much longer.

10. Miggidy Markell

I often do high flying, 360 windmill jams on my.... 8 foot rim! :D

11. RocksMillenium

1. No, but if you feel the need to insult or stereotype a race of people to do it then you have a problem.

2. This is just stupid. You know that that isn't the reason people are jumping on him. It's obvious that he is getting heat for the way he uses the word Asian and Chinese not the fact that he uses.

3. No, but when the poster says something stupid, then yeah you are a punk. This is the type of garbage you're defending LEWIS:

<b>I'm sick and tired of all this Yao Ming a$$ kissing and how this site has become his fan club. Anytime somebody starts a post criticizing Ming the fan club has to come in and repeat the same old sh*t and try to shoot it down. So for all the people that are anti-Yao, please voice your opinion here. Let's hear some reasons not to draft this 7 foot bust. If your with the fan club, go pleasure yourself with his highlight film with his rejections and dunks on 5 feet nothing chinese players.</b>

So you're getting on posters for disagreeing with you, but you ignore the fact that a poster who is agreeing with you is doing the same thing you're complaining about, ripping people that disagree with them.

4. But you think it's ok for a poster to call someone names, something you conveniently forget. Here's some of it to refresh your memory:

<i>I'm sick and tired of all this Yao Ming a$$ kissing and how this site has become his fan club.</i>

and. . .

<i>If your with the fan club, go pleasure yourself with his highlight film with his rejections and dunks on 5 feet nothing chinese players.</i>

12. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Member

My only question for the people who make this argument is, Are you aware that a couple of former NBA players like David Benoit are playing over there and are not dominating that league?

If it were true that a high school kid could dominate, then Benoit would have averaged 40ppg over there. But he didn't.

You're entitled to your opinion about how good Yao is; I just happen to think your evaluation of the talent in the CBA is more than a bit off.

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

*unzips fly*

*starts downloading*

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'll second that. :cool:

400 posts woooo!

15. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I'm not a Ming hater, heck, if the Rockets pick him I hope he lives up to all the hype. But it's hard for me to get as excited about him as others on the board. Tall lanky stringbeans have never been anything more than shot blockers in this league. I don't know if this guy is any different or what. It just seems like there's a hell of a lot of hype surrouding this guy, and I'm not yet convinced. Like I said, I hope he lives up to the hype, but don't set your expectations too high for this guy.

16. windandsea

windandsea Member

17. crossover

crossover Member

my vert is over 36 "

my highschool team was the number one international bball school and were the champions in a ring of american/international schools based in asia pacific.

we played some games against chinese colleges and got beat by huge tall (yet skinny) guys who could dunk and shoot ft's like inhaling oxygen

by the way, i wasn't being personal, just talking basketall...
    ... you know.... dunk.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

When I was going to UT, there was an asian guy that was 5'8" that could dunk. I also had a friend that 5'4" that could dunk a volleyball (couldn't palm a basketball) on a 10' rim. Only "White Men" can't jump ;).

19. heypartner

heypartner Member

Hey, now!!!!

But we have more old school fundamentals, and we are changing the leauge. ;)

20. GATER

GATER Member

crossover -
    I was not referring to you being impolite. It was not polite of me to laugh, but the image of you dunking over kubli was too funny. Something in the way you made the statement just caused me to laugh...not at you, just the image from the statement. :)