1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Gametime Decision tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Mar 16, 2009.

1. XBLRocketman111

Seriously does every thread turn into a complaint fest!

If he is out what can we do to counter?

I thingk our best bet is to start mutombo and follow him up with a little landry cook combo and see how thsat works in the first half. If not we try hayes!

I wanna see if cook can contribute! Now is the best time I will take him over hilton armstrong anyday!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

OMG, this post made me laugh.

1) I never said Duncan could stop Yao.. nobody can really stop Yao unless they are tall enough to be able to guard him.

2) I'm talking about the defense Duncan plays overall against everyone and the mere presence he has on the court. Sure Yao has that same presence, but I'd say Duncan is more intimidating. If you look at defense over the years, part of the reason SA holds people to low points in the paint. Plus, Clutch defense is another thing that Duncan does better than Yao

3) I am not as much of a McGrady fan as you think.. You, however, are a full fledged 100% Yao fan. I think you defend Yao TOO MUCH.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

It's too early to tank games to avoid matching up with the Jazz in the first round, so I guess Yao's sick, huh?

I can understand, though. This year I was getting sick every few weeks for a couple months. Seemed every virus that someone brought to the gym was being handed around.

Didn't help that I missed getting the flu shot this year.

4. OlajuwonShake34

Interesting, I never knew people now-a-days were more afraid of a 6'11 player who blocks less shots than a 7'6 player who blocks more shots.

Interesting comments, I am full fledged Yao fan? Lol, I have been a die hard Rocket fan since birth. In other words, you have been a Rocket fan since 2004.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Well the interior defense sure proves it and it always has... San Antonio has been a better team in holding teams to low points in the paint.. mostly because of Duncan. They surely better than us..

Another thing.. what makes you think I've been a Rockets fan since 2004? I mean we can all see how you truly hate McGrady and have so much love for Yao, I'm just being an all around fan with every player. Just look at your sig, if you took that seriously, then you're obviously a full fledged Yao fan.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

www.twitter.com

it's kind of hard to explain... but just go there and sign up... then start searching for friends and things you like online.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

NO! Do not bring in cook if we want any sort of defense...play deke and hayes if Yao is not playing tonight.

8. XBLRocketman111

I would take cook's offense on armstrong and it's not like armstrong's Post game is Great, I'm saying give the guy a shot if it doesn't work out then roll with hayes that cool but we need to see where he is at before the playoffs roll around and this is a good opportunity.

9. joesr

joesr Member

funny we tend to win most of our games when they do that as well

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Time to dust Deke off, start him, and watch him grab 10+ rebounds to everyone's surprise and delight again.

11. Depressio

Depressio Member

Somehow I doubt flu-like symptoms will prevent Yao from storming out onto the court. I remember a game a few weeks ago where he had severe abdominal pain and had to rush off the court at one point (probably to take a crap), but came right back. The guy is a machine.

But, in the event that Yao does decide it's not a wise idea to get his teammates sick, perhaps we will have Dikembe start in his place. It leaves a huge hole in the offense, but at least Deke can put up some decent defense on Chandler and clog up the middle a bit for CP3. I wouldn't expect Brian Cook to get any play time though, as we have Deke for this specific situation (Yao's out, opposing team has a big man).

Other than that switch, I don't expect much to change. We will probably see Scola/Landry/Artest get a few more shots, and probably a lot of Luis in the post. This is also a great game for Brooks to show his driving/scoring skills and also a great opportunity for Lowry to pound the paint without having Yao in there taking up space.

The Hornets aren't playing so great lately, so this is a good opportunity for Yao to take a breather, get better, and come back strong -- we'll also get to see what the rest of the team is made of.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

Would love to see Deke get some minutes tonight!! Probably won't happen though, so I won't be holding my breath.

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I saw TrafficHouston has a Twitter. Handy little tool. thx

14. lemon30324

lemon30324 Member

Mutomobo will shake his finger all night long :D

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's funny . . .because the way most of these posters sounded last week ... it seem like most were implying that Yao was only an average center and etc. Yet, he might miss one game and the board is about to panic.

I love the insanity of sport fans.

16. durvasa

durvasa Member

Deke will probably not play tonight. And the reasons should be well known by now (hint: Chris Paul is the best pick and roll player in the game), so I wish people will stop complaining about it.

If Yao doesn't play, I expect Chuck to start.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Average Center or not.. he accounts for most of our points.. his value to the team was never questioned.

18. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

Does this mean we might see Deke tonight?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The worst of games to miss :(

With Yao out we will certainly see Artest try to take over...and that is never a good thing.

Probably gotta give Deke a run because Chandler isn't scoring he's only scoring on oops.

20. neobomb

neobomb Member

If Jordan could play with the flu...so can Yao

I mean come on...do you really think Yao is going to miss an oppurtunity to block both CP3 and Chandler?